• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

R using quant firms

Since times seem to be quiet right now, at least jobwise (monster/careerbuilder/etc... all look like black holes what with all the recruiter middlemen making it impossible to apply directly to companies), I was wondering if anyone here knew particular names of companies that predominantly use R in the workplace.

Just so I could have some more places to fire off resumes to.

Thanks a lot!

Kinsey Allen - Home

It's a recruitment agency. They were looking for R coders a while back for commodities trading groups around chicago and new york. Maybe they still have some positions?

There is a guy named william who frequents quant forums for talent from there. I don't know him, and I don't even know if he works there anymore but worth a try.

Where are you located and where are you applying? Are you Israeli?

Send me a PM if you don't want to post publicly.

We do. BAC does in a lot of groups. BARRA does. A lot of HF use it.

Go to REvolution computing They sponsor events all the time where you can meet great coders. I have been in couple of them.

I am located right now at Rutgers, winstonTJ, so I'm a hop, skip, and jump away from NYC. Cherry Hill, NJ otherwise. Unfortunately, I'm not Israeli. That said, I'm not averse to taking a numbers/logistic analysis position with the IDF/Tzahal for a few years as my first quant gig! It's just that I'm very proudly Jewish (humanistic/agnostic Jewish, but proudly Jewish nevertheless)! So I took the flag avatar from another member of quantnet :p

I don't mean to disappoint, but i'll be working to transfer all R code to MATLAB this summer at a firm..

I don't mean to disappoint, but i'll be working to transfer all R code to MATLAB this summer at a firm..

I thought you were changing the code from S+ to Matlab. R is not really S+ although they are similar.

Don't mean to highjack this thread, some portion of their code is in S+ and some is in R, they're looking to change all that into Matlab.

Back