• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Should I retake GRE?

Dear QuantNet Community,

I want to ask about whether I need to retake GrE. Current unofficial scores: Verbal 156, Quant 170. Aims: MIT MFin, Columbia MSFE, Oxford MFE etc.

thank you very much.

It's a pretty good score for the colleges you're applying to. Frankly speaking, Q 169+ and V 155+ is a good bet for most of the colleges. However, since there are other elements which directly affect your application, GRE alone can't be a deciding factor. I know a couple of people who got into top universities with a lesser score. I would also recommend you to target other top universities such as UCB, Baruch, Cornell etc.
All the best!

Seems like a great score, full score on the Math section. Some MFE programs say that they only look at your Quant score. Instead of putting more time into GRE studying, you could develop other parts of your application, possibly.

Back