• TIME TO 2024 UK RANKINGS

• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stanford FinMath admission

Hi Sally,

If Stanford said they will be releasing decisions by Mid March How come your classmate received an admit now :) Just wondering.. may be he/she is faking it.. make sure it is authentic before you post it as definite and depress us lowly people further..

Thanks

Hey Kamesh,

Admit/Reject informations is kind of serious, which nobody would like to play around with. And as shown in the tracker they did send out admits in mid Feb last year.

Thanks,
Shank.

Well, the point is she did receive it and I also saw another student posting his/her ad on a forum. But I do believe that there may be more admission to come. I didn't mean to depress u guys.

No worries.. :) waiting for the reject then... these adcoms.. I wish they were like Lottery orgs. they take the draw when they say they will atleast :) lol....

Don't be so stressed. What I think is that they have sent out a batch of admissions and are waiting for the responses. If someone turns it down, then more ADs will come. Guys, don't lose hope.

Well, the point is she did receive it and I also saw another student posting his/her ad on a forum. But I do believe that there may be more admission to come. I didn't mean to depress u guys.

Sally Wang, I see that you have marked your Stanford Finmath application as rejected and mentioned 'no response' in the notes column. I was just wondering why would you assume it as rejected already and not wait for some more time:unsure:

Hi Sally,

If Stanford said they will be releasing decisions by Mid March How come your classmate received an admit now :) Just wondering.. may be he/she is faking it.. make sure it is authentic before you post it as definite and depress us lowly people further..

Thanks

But last year and in 2010 the decisions were out in February. What the hell has happened this year?

I think they are out ! becuase I saw on the forums that one of the guys wanted to know which one is best. He got into Stanford, CMU and Columbia.. Looks like they are going to send out the rejects and pending soon !

Hi, I saw your posts on the discussion sector of Columbia MSFE. I am also a Chinese student, at Tsinghua University. Do you received any information for Stanford or, by the way, Cornell? Thank you!
Hi!! I also applied to Stanford and Cornell, and have no any information now. I am from Renmin Univ. of China. Hope to communicate more with you. qq: 971820707 or email: jqlruc@gmail.com

I think the result should be out soon this week, since Mar 9th is the deadline to respond for the 1st batch of admits.

I think the result should be out soon this week, since Mar 9th is the deadline to respond for the 1st batch of admits.

From an admitted applicant's tracker status, I can see this year Stanford FinMath admitting roughly 20 within 430 applicants. So we can see not many seats available even if some of the admitted one withdraw...

From an admitted applicant's tracker status, I can see this year Stanford FinMath admitting roughly 20 within 430 applicants. So we can see not many seats available even if some of the admitted one withdraw...

Yes, you are right. I guess some 2 or 3 admits will come this week.

Back