• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Stanford Online AI

I just signed up for the "basic" track. I believe this is just notes and some quizes. They also offer an advanced track.

Andy, maybe QuantNet should have a folder for this course? I am certain that hundreds (thousands?) of the members that signed up are "QuantNets". It would be nice to have a virtual study group.

I just signed up for the "basic" track. I believe this is just notes and some quizes. They also offer an advanced track.

Andy, maybe QuantNet should have a folder for this course? I am certain that hundreds (thousands?) of the members that signed up are "QuantNets". It would be nice to have a virtual study group.

It's helpful to post the link so that people can find the course in question.

https://www.ai-class.com/registration/

And, if you're a full-time MFE student, I doubt that you'll have enough spare time to do the Stanford course on top of your regular courseload...

Oh, by the way, it's FREE.

And, if you're a full-time MFE student, I doubt that you'll have enough spare time to do the Stanford course on top of your regular courseload...

Not true about the "basic" track...

Not true about the "basic" track...
You get out of it, what you put in to it.

There's a difference between learning about something, and learning something.

If you find yourself spending 3-4 hours each week watching the Stanford lectures, that's time that you could have otherwise spent on your probability/stochastic calculus problem set, your Numerical Methods code, etc.

The semester just started a week ago; see if you feel the same in a couple of months...

Just my $0.02.

isn't the same class offered in baruch? i.e the machine learning class?

Hmmm....this sounds interesting,I wish I had the time to take the advance track :(

I wish I had the time to take the advance track

Same here. Should be interesting regardless, the professors are leaders in the field.

tweet from @aiclass
Who here would love to get a CS Master's degree online, if it is of Stanford quality and only costs $2000 in tuition? Please reply.

"of Stanford quality" meaning what kind of paper they print the degree on?

Back