• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

The New iPad

Personally, I have a third party case because I wanted something that actually protected the whole ipad and not just the screen. I got a leather "notebook" style case that has a flap over the cover that folds back all the way or can be used as a stand. It ads a drop of bulk to the ipad but that doesn't bother me much.
What case did you get?

It's a shame that the WSJ app does not support retina display yet. The texts look fuzzy. :(

I think it about getting the IPAD with 4g LTE capability, so I can have the IPAD as hotspot...if I take online courses, I can do it anywhere, especially traffic, commute, office privacy issues.

what do people think about the ASUS Transformer tablet ? It looks like it has good reviews and is a little less expensive. Anyone owns one of them ?

what do people think about the ASUS Transformer tablet ? It looks like it has good reviews and is a little less expensive. Anyone owns one of them ?
A friend of mine has one and he loves it (he hates apple).

Got to play with the new iPad this weekend. Here are my first thoughts:

- The new display is very very good. Papers and books look really crisp, including complex math formulas. This is the only reason I will consider to buy it
- It gets hot, not warm, HOT. Noticeably hot, think about Pentium 4 laptop hot (my opinion). This could be a problem.

I got a the new one, have been playing with it loads, and haven't noticed the overheating problem, yet. I bought it since it reads articles and math journals very well, and now I no longer have to wait for my dad to be finished with the Economist to read it (hehe). It is the perfect toy while my crappy old laptop is churning though clunky Monte Carlos.

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone know of a latex app? I only have the wifi one, so I can't connect to sribtex while commuting, and that is when I often like to read/work.

Back