• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Chicago MSFM Uchicago MSFM 2024

I wonder if they admit the strongest candidates first, assess the yield rate, and then decide who to admit next. Or if they just review in random batches.

So - I’m guessing they’re literally gonna admit people until March 29 based on last year. But last year oddly enough they began to reject people around this time and it hasn’t happened yet. Wonder when it’ll happen/if it’s already happened.

So - I’m guessing they’re literally gonna admit people until March 29 based on last year. But last year oddly enough they began to reject people around this time and it hasn’t happened yet. Wonder when it’ll happen/if it’s already happened.
@kombuchalover

Saw you already got admits from NCSU and Cornell...Have you declined Cornell since the deadline must have passed already? Or are you still waiting on Chicago?

Thing is those who got admits from Chicago are very likely to accept due to the scholarship so I dont see too many more admits in the coming days. Cornell might still release more admits but they have a smaller class so nothing is certain still.

I think at this point, if anyone is serious about attending grad school this fall, they must hold on tightly to the offers they've already got.

Last edited:
According to their academic calendar, UChicago should be on spring break right now, so I don't expect any decisions coming this week.

That said, I am getting rather impatient with UChicago, given that CMU's deadline is March 28. If UChicago releases my decision on March 29 (a Friday), I'd be preeeetty pissed.

According to their academic calendar, UChicago should be on spring break right now, so I don't expect any decisions coming this week.

That said, I am getting rather impatient with UChicago, given that CMU's deadline is March 28. If UChicago releases my decision on March 29 (a Friday), I'd be preeeetty pissed.
I feel that. Giving up a 60k scholarship would hurt so bad.

@kombuchalover

Saw you already got admits from NCSU and Cornell...Have you declined Cornell since the deadline must have passed already? Or are you still waiting on Chicago?

Thing is those who got admits from Chicago are very likely to accept due to the scholarship so I dont see too many more admits in the coming days. Cornell might still release more admits but they have a smaller class so nothing is certain still.

I think at this point, if anyone is serious about attending grad school this fall, they must hold on tightly to the offers they've already got.
April 15th is Cornell’s Deadline so luckily I have some time.

Back