• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

What schools should I be applying to? or more school?

Hi everyone, I am new to the forum.
I am graduating in December with a BS in Aerospace Engineering from the University of Texas at Austin and am very much interested in the quant finance. My primary question is if I should pursue a more attractive background in statistics/finance before applying. Here are some of my current stats:

GPA: 3.7/4.0
GRE: 770 Math 500 Verbal (might get higher if I take it again)

Related Courses (with grades):
A - Differential and Integral Calculus
A - Multivariable Calculus (sequences and series)
A - Differential Equations
A - Vector Calculus
A - Space Systems Engineering

Work Experience (though not industry related):
2 years into college I started an 8 month "internship" at L-3 Communications, one of the largest defense contractors in the US. There I did, as you can guess, engineering work. Mainly CAD, drafting and process control. At college and up to now I have held jobs ranging from 15-20 hours a week to help pay for college. These jobs varied from CSR to tutoring and grading.

Extra Curricular Stuff:
- Team lead on nano-satellite (12" cube satellite) development team for about 1.5 years
- Systems Engineer for UAV team. I performed all kinds of tasks including Monte Carlo analysis.
- I'm also in few honor societies

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

In addition, I have taken two programing courses in MatLab that includes numerical integration. Also, countless classes have required programming for assignments etc.

You might do better to put your undergrad education to work. There's big upside to UAV technology. But your question has been asked many times around here. Look around, and you might find your answer.

Thanks guys. Andy, do you have an idea of when this feature will be available?

Thanks

Out of curiosity, why did you write "(sequences and series )" next to multivariable?

Back