• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

When learning C++ what did you find difficult?

What would be useful IMO is a self-contained case C++ 11 from multiple domains

CAD
Process
Finance

etc.

I must say C++ 11 is in 5th gear at the moment :) You mention the somewhat bigger companies moving to C++ 11. And all the others? That's a different story, for sure.

Are there papers/webpages commenting on the value-added of C++11 as compared to its previous version for options modelling? Thank you.

EDIT: It would be nice someone picked up some code example in say Introduction to C++ for Financial Engineers, showed an 'upgraded' version to C++11 and explained its benefits.

EDIT2: .. with the approval of the author, I meant.

Last edited:
Are there papers/webpages commenting on the value-added of C++11 as compared to its previous version for options modelling? Thank you.

EDIT: It would be nice someone picked up some code example in say Introduction to C++ for Financial Engineers, showed an 'upgraded' version to C++11 and explained its benefits.

EDIT2: .. with the approval of the author, I meant.

Good idea! When would you like to start, Edouard? :)

I personally don't know of open domain published work on C++ 11 for computational finance. For the record, I am working on the second editions of my 2004 and 2006 C++ books for finance.

You may not have C++ 11 in a productioon environment yet but much is already present in Boost C++ libraries. This is a nice migration path.

Last edited:
Back