• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Yale Asset Management

Just got an interview invitation from Yale at arount 15:00 yesterady and scheduled an interview in the late Feb.

Was told during my interview that decisions would be out on March 28th, not earlier nor later. Still a full month to go D:

Did people get interview invites late in Feb or March last year?
Also, what kind of interview it was: behavioural or Technical?

It was my interpretation that the interview process would flow well into March (makes sense considering that decisions are strictly released on the 28th).

The webpage mentions that not all accepted candidates are interviewed beforehand, although past years’ threads seem to indicate that most admits had one.

One can expect behavioral stuff.
Wish you all the best!

Thanks man
It was my interpretation that the interview process would flow well into March (makes sense considering that decisions are strictly released on the 28th).

The webpage mentions that not all accepted candidates are interviewed beforehand, although past years’ threads seem to indicate that most admits had one.

One can expect behavioral stuff.
Wish you all the best!
Thanks, appreciate the reply! I wish they could give us more info cause March 28 is still a long way to go...

Got my interview invitation, but probably won't wait for the program decision.

To be fair, the 3/28 decision date for this program is hurting the problem itself. A lot of great candidates will be taken away by other established programs by this date.

Talked to a lot of current students, and most of them are very good, and some even had pre-doc level training. However, a lot of the current students went there more for the brand name, rather than the world-class buy-side practitioners and faculty. (More than half of the class even skipped core classes taught by my favourite researcher...) It was even bewildering for me to see a lot of people aiming for IBD roles...

Got my interview invitation, but probably won't wait for the program decision.

To be fair, the 3/28 decision date for this program is hurting the problem itself. A lot of great candidates will be taken away by other established programs by this date.

Talked to a lot of current students, and most of them are very good, and some even had pre-doc level training. However, a lot of the current students went there more for the brand name, rather than the world-class buy-side practitioners and faculty. (More than half of the class even skipped core classes taught by my favourite researcher...) It was even bewildering for me to see a lot of people aiming for IBD roles...
Did you get the invitation this past week or back in late Feb? And wow that’s interesting. Seems strange to go to IBD from the program.

I receive an invitation today, can someone tell what to expect please?

Back