• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NEU (Northeastern) MSQF

Has anyone applied to this program? Do we have any reviews, or placement statistics of it? And if anyone has applied (in round 2) have you heard back in any form?

Yes, I have received an admit from this program, still waiting for others though. I could not find much data of the placement statistics on the website, but I gathered some information about the program from the past students:
1) It definitely has the city advantage but in the end it will depend on the student to get the job by intense networking.
2) Previous work experience is definitely a plus point
3) There is a university fund which will help to gather some hands on experience while in college.
To sum it up, I feel if someone is able to upskill by doing core courses required for quant finance (such as the C++ one on this portal) along with this course then there might be a good chance to get interviews.

Thanks for the info @Mathanalyst. Also, did you receive your decision on the decision date or did you get it before? And was there an interview?

Yes I applied in the first round and got the result one day before the decision date. No interview was taken during this process.

Thank you for the clarification. Anything else I should keep in mind before deciding on NEU? I haven't talked with any alums or current students so not much to go on with.

Hey @Mathanalyst I got into this program today with a 20% scholarship. Could we connect regarding the same? Have some doubts and I'm not getting much information to go on with. Hope you can spare some time!

Back