• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2009 Quantnet Ranking of Financial Engineering (MFE), Quantitative Finance Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a PUBLIC site? I thought it was you Baruch guys's backyard, LOL
You sound like a little naive and idealized about this business, kid. You will learn. And if you are a good MFE student, how can you have so much free time talking around on the internet? Maybe if guys like you you can stop doing nonsense(i.e. speaking highly of your program online) and work harder on your courseworks, you can make yourselves better job candidates and your progam a better one. Good luck:)

This still doesn't answer the question. There doesn't seem to be a difference in wage at all. Which I believe was the whole basis of your argument. In fact, if what you said is true saying that many people received 200k+, this would imply that Berkeley has fat left tails and I mean REALLY fat left tails. I am not saying Berkeley is a bad school. In fact I believe Berkeley is a great school. I just think you lack credibility and is ignorant of what the MFE program at Baruch really is like. Even if you look at the simple measure of how strong candidates are by looking at the amount of phds/master's students as a %, the deviations are no higher than 1% again pointing to the fact statement, how are you guys better?

ALL - Average Bonus
  • Average First Year Total Compensation: $155,975
  • Median First Year Total Compensation: $144,000
  • Average First Year Base Salary: $101,125
  • Median First Year Base Salary: $100,000
  • Average Sign-in & Relocation: $22,876
  • Median Sign-in & Relocation: $5,000
  • Average First Year Guaranteed/Unguaranteed year-end bonuses, housing/transportation and other compensations: $50,606
  • Median First Year Guaranteed/Unguaranteed year-end bonuses, housing/transportation and other compensations:$36,700

This still doesn't answer the question. There doesn't seem to be a difference in wage at all. Which I believe was the whole basis of your argument. In fact, if what you said is true saying that many people received 200k+, this would imply that Berkeley has fat left tails and I mean REALLY fat left tails. I am not saying Berkeley is a bad school. In fact I believe Berkeley is a great school. I just think you lack credibility and is ignorant of what the MFE program at Baruch really is like. Even if you look at the simple measure of how strong candidates are by looking at the amount of phds/master's students as a %, the deviations are no higher than 1% again pointing to the fact statement, how are you guys better?

ALL - Average Bonus
  • Average First Year Total Compensation: $155,975
  • Median First Year Total Compensation: $144,000
  • Average First Year Base Salary: $101,125
  • Median First Year Base Salary: $100,000
  • Average Sign-in & Relocation: $22,876
  • Median Sign-in & Relocation: $5,000
  • Average First Year Guaranteed/Unguaranteed year-end bonuses, housing/transportation and other compensations: $50,606
  • Median First Year Guaranteed/Unguaranteed year-end bonuses, housing/transportation and other compensations:$36,700

I really don't want to get into this, but if you insist, OK: where did you go for undergrad and phd/master's, where did you work and how much did you get paid? I will be surprised if any top school graduates will go to Baruch for an MFE.
About salary, we (at least guys I know) are conservaive when reporting the guaranteed bonus, you will see a bigger number if this report is updated one year after graduation.
About free time, yes, it does. Actually, if you work hard in school, like how we did, you might be able to get a front desk job like mine, pay&hours are good; If you BS around all the time while in school, it will be another story.

This is a PUBLIC site? I thought it was you Baruch guys's backyard, LOL
You sound like a little naive and idealized about this business, kid. You will learn. And if you are a good MFE student, how can you have so much free time talking around on the internet? Maybe if guys like you you can stop doing nonsense(i.e. speaking highly of your program online) and work harder on your courseworks, you can make yourselves better job candidates and your progam a better one. Good luck:)
I don't think this merits a response. Still for your sake:

Your math skills are probably pretty respectable. Maybe your study habits are superb. Nevertheless, you have some serious work to do on your personal skills. Insulting institutions and/or people will never get you anywhere good in life. Never. Ask any successful businessman. Quant skills will only get you so far. If you keep insulting people you will never make your way up the ladder.

...and putting a smilely face at the end of every post doesn't count as personable ;)

I don't think this merits a response. Still for your sake:

Your math skills are probably pretty respectable. Maybe your study habits are supurb. Nevertheless, you have some serious work to do on your personal skills. Insulting institutions and/or people will never get you anywhere good in life. Never. Ask any sucessful businessman. Quant skills will only get you so far. If you keep insulting people you will never make your way up the ladder.

...and putting a smilely face at the end of every post doesn't count as personable ;)

Someone asked for it. I respect a person regardless which institution she comes from, if she does what she supposed to do.

If you are from a 3nd-tier shcool, you never BS, always do good jobs, I will respect you and even start to respect the school you come from;
If you are from a 3nd-tier school, but instead of keeping you feet on the ground and working hard, you come to my and say: " I am from a top-tier school, here is my algorithm for ranking schools!", I will laugh at you and laugh at your school too.

And again:)

I really don't want to get into this, but if you insist, OK: where did you go for undergrad and phd/master's, where did you work and how much did you get paid? I will be surprised if any top school graduates will go to Baruch for an MFE.
About salary, we (at least guys I know) are conservaive when reporting the guaranteed bonus, you will see a bigger number if this report is updated one year after graduation.
About free time, yes, it does. Actually, if you work hard in school, like how we did, you might be able to get a front desk job like mine, pay&hours are good; If you BS around all the time while in school, it will be another story.

Actually, most of our grad students are ivy leagues/top universities in their country. i.e. TsingHua University, Beijing U, Harvard, Cornell, USC, Columbia, UofT austin, U Mich, Lomonosov
Moscow State University etc

Actually, most of our grad students are ivy leagues/top universities in their country. i.e. TsingHua University, Beijing U, Harvard, Cornell, USC, Columbia, UofT austin, U Mich, Lomonosov
Moscow State University etc

Are you sure? The profiles on your school website tell me otherwise: I see very few top school graduates there.

I red your resume book too, not impressed at all.

I don't want to continue talking to 5+ Baruch students here at Baruch's backyard. You can say whatever you like, but I doubt it would help you become a better quant. You will face the truth someday soon.

31365d1313554052-customer-service-baby-crying.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back