• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

2011-2012 Quantnet Ranking of Financial Engineering (MFE) Programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I make typos, but everyone can understand.

No, everyone can't understand. These aren't typos: you don't know basic English. I doubt any ranking program would accept a bozo like you.

But you have bigger problems: why nobody would pay any good salary to genius like you? And the best thing you can do is hanging out here all day and kissing Baruch's ass?

Maybe some day I can hire you fulltime to correct my typos, I will pay you like s**t, but it would still be a much better career than any other choice you have.

I'm not in the picture. My question is: What is your point? You've said the same stupid thing thirty times over: that Andy can't be trusted and the ranking is no good. All you're doing is throwing stupid insults around. One would think a high-flying $200,ooo finance executive would have more important things to do ....

Either you are a poorly-written AI program. Or .... hmmm .... you applied to Baruch but your personal essay was so shot with basic spelling and grammatical errors, the admissions committee wet itself laughing.

Can we all please just give this guy the silent treatment?

Andy put together a nice list here and obviously worked really hard on it. Let's give it the respect it deserves. If Emalu makes any posts please ignore him. Anyone else feel free to comment on this thread.

Thanks!

Can we all please just give this guy the silent treatment?

We're just starting to have some fun. Latest theory: he got rejected from Baruch and he's been nursing his hatred and resentment ever since:

"Just you wait," he silently and tearfully told Baruch, "One day I'm going to get even with you." His reverie was abruptly broken by someone slapping his hand impatiently on the counter. "What did you say, sir?" he asked diffidently. "I said I want fries with that cheeseburger," replied the irate customer. "Yes sir, just a moment, sir."

I mean if he wants to dispute the ranking, fine, but he is acting like a petulant child. I mean only a snob would automatically dismiss the idea that Baruch might come in higher than Berkeley. As if Berkeley coming in 6th is horrible or something. I mean school fluctuate in rankings all the time.

Cleaverbot weighs in:

User: Who is EMalu?
Cleverbot: I don't know!

User: Me neither!

Cleverbot: Haha.

User: He sounds useless.

Cleverbot: Have you heard him sing?

User: It's more of a whining than singing.
Cleverbot: Crabs go in a bucket.
User: What about trolls?
Cleverbot: Trolls live under a bridge.

Hi Andy

Thanks for putting this ranking together. I was just thinking that the last rankings were a little old and could use some freshening up. Thanks for spending your time and creating this. You've also done a very good job of ignoring most of the crazies on this thread.

I agree with the other member that this methodlogy is miles better than the last methodology. For myself, I disregarded the last ranking after reading the methodology. However, I think some improvements can still be made with this latest list.

I'm glad this is loosely based on the US News methodology. However, I think the biggest thing missing is the survey of deans and directors. Survey of employers and recruiters is good, but they don't know the details of each of the programs. I would trust the opinion of a dean or director more to tell me how good the professors are and how up-to-date the material is.

With deans and directors missing, the weight obviously had to be given elsewhere. I agree with the other poster about too much weight being put on acceptance rate, especially compared to the US News methodology. In this case, I would believe the NYC schools will naturally have more applicants and be artificially inflated here.

As you mentioned, starting with the US News methodology is good. Is there a reason that you didn't follow the weighting more closely? I can understand that normalizing the data can be ambiguous, but I prefer the weighting of US News than the one you choose.

I also don't understand the 5% bonus concept. If you wanted to encourage participation, is this better than simply using zero for the unanswered questions?

Finally, would you be able to report an overall numeric for each program? US News has the 5.0, 4.9, 4.8 listed for most specialty graduate programs (not business). It would provide more context for this list.

This thread was just beginning to get quite entertaining and you shut that guy up with abuse. Can you imagine if he actually has a Berkeley MFE. He would be earning a lot more than all these guys who are ridiculing him.

Well he claimed to have Berkeley MFE and $200K+ salary, which is believable.

BBW claims that he is standing behind a counter and asking "Would you like fries with that?"

For all we know by seeing BBW's frequent posts, he may be receiving pension checks from UK government.

This thread was just beginning to get quite entertaining and you shut that guy up with abuse. Can you imagine if he actually has a Berkeley MFE. He would be earning a lot more than all these guys who are ridiculing him.
So? It does not stop him from being an ass.

You're probably the only person in here who actually believes him.

Andy any plans of releasing a ranking for Europe programs ?

what about programs in switzerland and UK. should there be a ranking of programs in Europe. I believe UK and continential Europe have some very good programs - they are not ranked

Andy any plans of releasing a ranking for Europe programs ?
what about programs in switzerland and UK. should there be a ranking of programs in Europe. I believe UK and continential Europe have some very good programs - they are not ranked
I have been approached by programs in Asia for a similar ranking. I think it's a much more doable idea since there are only few programs in Hongkong, Singapore.
The European programs are a bit trickier to rank since comparing UK programs with French, Switzerland, etc programs has its own set of challenges. Maybe only the UK programs.
I'll have a few people looking into gathering data in the next few months and we will go from there. If the data presents itself that there is a high demand for such ranking and a high probability that we will get the info needed from the oversea programs, we will dedicate some resources to overtake the challenge.

I have been approached by programs in Asia for a similar ranking. I think it's a much more doable idea since there are only few programs in Hongkong, Singapore.
The European programs are a bit trickier to rank since comparing UK programs with French, Switzerland, etc programs has its own set of challenges. Maybe only the UK programs.
I'll have a few people looking into gathering data in the next few months and we will go from there. If the data presents itself that there is a high demand for such ranking and a high probability that we will get the info needed from the oversea programs, we will dedicate some resources to overtake the challenge.

that is called giving to the community which benefit hundreds of students as there are no present resources. That is what i respect about this forum and Andy who is doing work and not whining like Emalu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back