• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Anybody here failed in trying to become a quant?

More often than most people would admit. This is a cut throat field since there isn't a universal standard for being called "quant".
I think lot of people got the impression of a quant from reading Emanuel Derman's "My Life As a Quant".
Data analysts, software developers, actuary, etc are just as good a job.

Hey I am just a entry level Machine Learning Engineer and I am thinking about giving up my dream of becoming a Quant Developer as I don't think I can get into the top 10 MFE programs , I will have to gain some experience only then I will be able to aspire a quant job

Hey I am just a entry level Machine Learning Engineer and I am thinking about giving up my dream of becoming a Quant Developer as I don't think I can get into the top 10 MFE programs , I will have to gain some experience only then I will be able to aspire a quant job
You DON'T need to get into a top 10 MFE program to become a Quant Developer. If you check on LinkedIn, you'll see people who are Quant Developers and didn't attend a top 10 MFE program.

more often than not, quant developer is just a standard SWE but at a quant firm, and also just a tiny fraction of where most MFEs end up. don't put too much emphasis on the 'quant' keyword: quant traders = traders, quant reseachers = researchers, quant developers = developers.

Back