• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Anyone NYC member playing tennis?

If any Quantnet members living in NYC is interested, I can set up some weekend meets so we can all play together. I live near some public parks whose tennis courts are severely underutilized. Most mornings, we are the only ones playing there.
I am in. Level: Beginner
I hope it is not very far away.

I haven't played tennis since a shoulder injury early in my undergraduate years... It's mostly healed but I haven't played since. It would be interesting giving it a shot.
Level: Likely bad.

I play once in a while like an amateur ... Let's watch the pros first at US Open, for Labor Day, on Monday 09/05/2011 in Flushing, Queens. They sell All Day Access tickets and we can watch multiple games throughout Billie Jean King National Tennis Center and have a drink in between. (hopping for sunny weather).

Your "beginner" is my expert. I'm not good at all but enjoy the game. Depending on the date and time I might be interested.

I am in for badminton too :)
Level: Beginner (was trying too hard to write Intermediate, but then I thought, "who am I kidding") :P

lol. perfect. i am a novice myself. so lets make a schedule? i used to be really good in tennis. but after i pulled my right shoulder i stopped playing. maybe i can get back. don't know

I play tennis! Who's down? I know some free courts up around 137th street, in Riverbank State Park. Also what I do if I can't make it to an actual tennis court is play against a handball wall; they're a lot easier to come by and the game can be just as fun and competitive. By the way, anyone play (wall) handball? I play that too.

post a time and date, lets see if enough show up for a game!

Let's watch the pros first at US Open, for Labor Day, on Monday 09/05/2011 in Flushing, Queens. They sell All Day Access tickets and we can watch multiple games throughout Billie Jean King National Tennis Center and have a drink in between. (hopping for sunny weather).
Where do we buy group tickets for that?

Either through USTA http://usta.usopen.org/US-Open/group_sales/ or ticketmaster.com where I see the US Open Grounds Admission Tickets available with description:
GROUNDS ADMISSION (GA) PASS ONLY
**TICKET ALLOWS ACCESS TO THE GROUNDS OF
**THE NATIONAL TENNIS CENTER INCL.
**ALL COURT AND STADIUM MATCHES _EXCEPT_
**ARTHUR ASHE STADIUM - GATES OPEN AT 10:00AM**

Back