• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Anyone still waiting for NYU MSMF?

How long have you guys been waiting?

Our Tracker suggests that the average time for each case at NYU is 84 days.

I submit my application since early Feb.

I had same situation as many ppl above. Still waiting for reply from NYU MSMF. I received emails 2 weeks ago stating "NYU is carefully processing the application; it may take a couple weeks."

i think they send out emails.

for us to be not given rejections at this point, we might have passed their grade filtering system.
however, i am not overly optimistic either.

I agree. At this point we are prob between the lines of admitting or not.

Hi,

Is there anyone going for the NYU MSF program this coming fall?

Any one looking for a room-mate in NY as well?

If you happen to be from Singapore, we can even meet up!

I merged your thread to an existing one which you can find many of your future classmates. Just filter the Tracker by NYU and look at the Final Destination. If it shows Yes, the person has made up his mind to go to NYU.
By the way, you should add your timelines to the Tracker as well, @applesquall and mark NYU as your Final Destination.

And... I am still waiting to hear from them... I submitted my application on Jan 22, 2011... so 3 months+ waiting...

I merged your thread to an existing one which you can find many of your future classmates. Just filter the Tracker by NYU and look at the Final Destination. If it shows Yes, the person has made up his mind to go to NYU.
By the way, you should add your timelines to the Tracker as well, @applesquall and mark NYU as your Final Destination.

Hi Andy,

Thanks. Have already done so. =)

Very cool. Did you apply to just NYU?

No.

I was offered Chicago and LSE as well.

Trying to look for a roommate for the NYU program. I scanned through the NYU hostel fees and find them rather expensive. 17k + USD for a 1 term year is a tad too expensive. Off-campus housing can be cheaper but then again, I read online that some are scams.

So taking this opportunity to look at what fellow classmates are doing for housing.

Andy, do you have any advice on housing in NYU?

Much appreciated!

Thanks!
I read your opinions on the housing issue. Looks like I guess I have to scour carefully for off-campus housing then.

Will add in the timelines later. :)

Did u guys receive any notice from NYU? I didn't receive anything so I'm worried if I miss any of my documents or my application is lost. Do you guys think it could happen? I tried to call them many times but no one answered the phone and no one replied my emails.

Back