• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU MSMF Anyone still waiting for NYU MSMF?

Congrats Siddharth!
Still waiting as well..
Hi Andy, do you know if all the admits have been sent out already?

Yes I am as well... but I sent part-time application. Anyone else know when I can expect to hear back?

@CN Chen , you state that you've submitted a part-time application but the tracker shows you as full-time. Not trying to be picky, just want to find out if they started sending out Part-Time admits. Which is it?

No question. Rejection emails will outnumber admit. But having your timelines on the Tracker is good omen as the number of Admit is more than Reject, at the moment. So get in and ride that luck train still the last stop.
done!..now just hopin that quantnet tracker is my lucky charm...lol
btw do u think u'll hit ur target of 1000 apps on the tracker?

Haha. Thanks @Lin
You just helped me getting closer to the 1,000 goal. There are many people on Quantnet who haven't added their timelines in yet so I need to go after them more forcefully :)
And to everyone else, if you see someone with an admit/reject, please help me out by reminding them to add their timelines to the Tracker.

I expect to break the millennial mark in a month or two. There are many programs that have not closed their admission cycle (UCLA MFE, Columbia MAFN, etc).

Just to give you some idea. The Tracker had only 250 apps on Jan so we added hundreds of them monthly.

Haha. Thanks @Lin
You just helped me getting closer to the 1,000 goal. There are many people on Quantnet who haven't added their timelines in yet so I need to go after them more forcefully :)
And to everyone else, if you see someone with an admit/reject, please help me out by reminding them to add their timelines to the Tracker.

I expect to break the millennial mark in a month or two. There are many programs that have not closed their admission cycle (UCLA MFE, Columbia MAFN, etc).

Just to give you some idea. The Tracker had only 250 apps on Jan so we added hundreds of them monthly.

Its a really cool initiative and will undoubetdly help a lot of students...
one suggestion..have u considered purging it anually to only retain the records of the previous two years?
old data might not be so relevant

Haha. Thanks @Lin

If you want, I can apply to additional MFE programs to help you reach you goal.
I am particularly interested in the new master opening in Hawai.
They have a unique course on weather derivatives.

@Lin
Having old data is particular helpful. I can run analysis on them and see how long it takes to get a decision this year versus 2009. I can get a better sense of the profiles getting admitted in a particular program.
We all agree that having more timelines from current applicants are always better. If the only data we have from program X is a few trackers back in 2009, it is not really useful.

@Paul Mithouard
Don't apply just because you want to help me reach 1,000. Thanks but it's not a good way to spend your time and money. And I'm sure you just kidding.
Let's help me by pursuing current and new members to put in their timelines. I know for sure that many of our members apply to 6,7 programs and many of them haven't put in. If we can ask about 20 members to add in all their timelines, we should break 1,000.

Anyone willing to bet we will beat that by the end of Jun 2011?

@Lin
Having old data is particular helpful. I can run analysis on them and see how long it takes to get a decision this year versus 2009. I can get a better sense of the profiles getting admitted in a particular program.
We all agree that having more timelines from current applicants are always better. If the only data we have from program X is a few trackers back in 2009, it is not really useful.

@Paul Mithouard
Don't apply just because you want to help me reach 1,000. Thanks but it's not a good way to spend your time and money. And I'm sure you just kidding.
Let's help me by pursuing current and new members to put in their timelines. I know for sure that many of our members apply to 6,7 programs and many of them haven't put in. If we can ask about 20 members to add in all their timelines, we should break 1,000.

Anyone willing to bet we will beat that by the end of Jun 2011?

Andy, I can help you to get some steps closer.

Back