• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Best books of 2011

Joy Pathak

Swaptionz
Just curious if people have any recommendations for books. I recently got a kindle DX and literally have been addicted to reading from it for the past 2 weeks.

Any suggestions? Wall Street related would be great. I like Michael Lewis type of books. I have read all his finance related books.

It doesn't have to be published in 2011. Even if it's 10 years old, I would like a suggestion just in case I haven't read it.

Just curious if people have any recommendations for books. I recently got a kindle DX and literally have been addicted to reading from it for the past 2 weeks.

Any suggestions? Wall Street related would be great. I like Michael Lewis type of books. I have read all his finance related books.

It doesn't have to be published in 2011. Even if it's 10 years old, I would like a suggestion just in case I haven't read it.

http://www.amazon.com/Traders-Guns-Money-unknowns-derivatives/dp/0273704745

Did you read "Goodbye Gordon Gekko"?

http://www.amazon.com/Goodbye-Gordo...9546/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304260692&sr=8-1

Joy,

Have you purchased any text books on the kindle? I was just wondering if the kindle would be appropriate for reading textbooks. Some people say that its not easy to read a text book on kindle or ereaders in general.

Joy,

Have you purchased any text books on the kindle? I was just wondering if the kindle would be appropriate for reading textbooks. Some people say that its not easy to read a text book on kindle or ereaders in general.

I have had no problems with reading any books. I have read 4 books in the last 2 weeks. It's been great.

Joy,

I believe it depends a lot from person to person. Some people just absolutely can't do it from Kindle. Some find it fine...

here's how you can test... I believe you can get a "glimpse" of few chapters of the Kindle version for free... see whether you like it or not... and then spend the big money to buy the whole textbook...

Also... if you are habituated with reading eBooks... I have a feeling that Kindle version of textbooks would be fine for you... On the other hand... if you like to flip the pages of a real hard cover book and it is the smell of new books that keep you going... then you know the choice! ;)

Generally a good thing. You can carry compactly many books and is not harmful to eyes.

I am reading Sanket's recommendation on top. I will read accidental Ibanker after that and then going to have a look at More money than god.

Back