• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ online certificate for MFE applicants

What are the current pricing of other online C++ certificates? If this provides more value and at comparable/lower price, I think it's a good idea.

Sounds amazing, thanks Andy! I am missing a programming background so this could be perfect for me.

Remaining details are being worked on but I can offer a few unique features.
  • The course will be priced competitively compared to existing courses
  • We offer money-back guarantee policy because we are confident of the high quality and value of our offering
  • The course will be taught by a leading, world renown author/trainer. (Hint: his C++ books are on the Master reading list)
  • The certificate will be rewarded after a rigorous testing process and by a university known for intensive teaching of C++ in its MFE program
  • The certificate can be used to meet C++ requirement for MFE applicants
  • Students will have access to the course material indefinitely

Andy
I cannot tell you how much this will help me.
With not much programming experience it will be a great value addition.

Cheers!!

Hi Andy,
The certificate program sounds amazing.
Do you have any information on how long it will take to finish the certificate?
Is it possible to complete the courses before fall semester starts?

Thanks

Hi Andy, couple questions about this course. Will more be covered in this course then the material usually covered in an introductory object-oriented course? When do you expect/hope for the first class to be offered? Thanks!

Andy, can you give an idea as to when will this come out?
Hi Andy, couple questions about this course. Will more be covered in this course then the material usually covered in an introductory object-oriented course? When do you expect/hope for the first class to be offered? Thanks!
We hope to formally announce the course in the coming weeks. The plan is to offer this course during the summer. Obviously, date is subject to changes.

We expect to offer this course to people who need an MFE-preparation C++ training and/or certification so it will take people with no or some prior programming experience and bring them up to the level expected of those entering a MFE program.

You will learn the standard C++ material as well as materials relevant to MFE such as at the end of the course, you are able to build your own codebase in C++ to price options, bonds, Black-Scholes, etc aka the standard first year MFE curriculum.
Do you have any information on how long it will take to finish the certificate?
Is it possible to complete the courses before fall semester starts?
This is designed for your own schedule and pace. You will be tested after each chapter/module before you are able to go to the next level. Each person can decide how fast they can move. For example, some can finish in one month while others in 3 months. I do not know the average time it should take to complete the course yet so it's hard to answer your question now.

There will be TAs to answer your questions online.

Lastly, while we appreciate the growing interest in the course, we have every intention to take the time and do it right.

hariadya the BB tests are a useful and cheap filter, some firms send you a link to the BB test and if you score high enough, they interview you.

What are the current pricing of other online C++ certificates? If this provides more value and at comparable/lower price, I think it's a good idea.

Most of them cost in the range $350-750. Hopefully this will be affordable :)

Would be interested in this as well, around here the only C++ courses I have seem to only be "Tying your shoes in C++" which I don't think will get me into any MFE or MMF programs ;)

UCB MFE has an online C++ course which is only 8 sessions and costs $1,395.

If not an existence of concern for certification I don't think anyone can conduct such sessions for studying purposes. I have seen similar courses but with grater number of sessions and higher cost. The reason they charge much as they say is depended on the strength and popularity of a particular program, not the teaching quality itself.

Back