• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ online certificate for MFE applicants

So (just to be sure) when we apply to an online certificate, is there a selection ? Do we have to look at the videos on live (like a streaming class) or can we get the videos later ? Is there a final exam or project to submit at the end ? Do we need extra-books ? Do we have a ti;e limit complete it ?

Thanks a lot !

So (just to be sure) when we apply to an online certificate, is there a selection ? Do we have to look at the videos on live (like a streaming class) or can we get the videos later ? Is there a final exam or project to submit at the end ? Do we need extra-books ? Do we have a ti;e limit complete it ?

Thanks a lot !

Regarding the books, in principle the course is self-contained. Of course, background reading does no harm, but that can always be done later.
Doing the quizzes and hands-on exercises is essential.

Regarding the other questions, Andy can help I'm sure.

Thanks for the interest, guys. Let me answer some of your questions.
Is there going to be a limit as to how many students can enroll?
So (just to be sure) when we apply to an online certificate, is there a selection ?
We are committed to educate as many people as possible, so there is no limit or selection. If you have a desire and means to learn C++ seriously, we will provide you an opportunity to do that.
Do we have to look at the videos on live (like a streaming class) or can we get the videos later ? Is there a final exam or project to submit at the end ?
The videos are pre-recorded so you can watch them online at your convenience. You can watch them as often as you like. As I mentioned earlier, you have unlimited access to those materials once you enroll.

There will be exercises/quiz/programming assignments after each chapter and there will be a big coding project at the end which you will be tested individually before the certificate is granted. Baruch College will assign TAs for each student and ensure the students are subjected to the same rigorous learning and testing procedure that you can expect from taking their in-class course.

And like a regular campus-based course, you are expected to complete the course within a time limit, which is 16 weeks in this case.

I'm happy to answer any more question you may have.

Nice! I'm so excited about it as I have been looking for such a program for months...

Thanks, Andy!

I don't think I'd be worried about getting my money back, more concerned about how fast I can get my money there ;) :D

Or without, if you have it suck the money out of your chequing account :D

Will there be any Grades on Final Course Completion Certificate ??

@Daniel Duffy , is there any chance to insert comparisons between:
C/C++/Matlab - All doing the same & showing the advantages (and how to) of parallel vs series programming?

Thanks,
Ohad.

Do you accept students with no finance/financial engineering background too ?
Of course, the course is for people who may not have prior programming training because it teaches C++ from the ground up.
After the course, you will learn how C++ is used in Financial Engineering, specially in the context of what MFE students will be learning during their program.

For people who know C++ but never had any formal training, this would provide a certification that can be used to meet programming requirement for MFE application.

After the course, you will learn how C++ is used in Financial Engineering, specially in the context of what MFE students will be learning during their program.

After the course? I thought we'd learn how to use C++ in FE during the course..?

Back