• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ prerequisites

gotcha, what the best/most advanced c++ book with quality exercises in scientific-type programming? Also ones with statistics, linear regression, monte carlo etc?

I've seen the book list, however seems there are lots of books about coding practice, others about the concepts you want to implement, but few that really wrap it together well. Opinions?

Thanks everyone! I saw the Problem Solving book in the reading list, but I wasn't sure if it required you to have a background in programming

Thanks everyone! I saw the Problem Solving book in the reading list, but I wasn't sure if it required you to have a background in programming

It doesn't. I think you can start it with 0 exposure.

gotcha, what the best/most advanced c++ book with quality exercises in scientific-type programming? Also ones with statistics, linear regression, monte carlo etc?

there is no single resource. You will have to go through all of them.

Back