• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Cornell FE Cornell Results

For those that have been accepted, did you guys notice any change of application status before receiving the admission email ?

Last edited:
Accepted, but not as expected - they've offered a concentration of Data Analytics instead of Financial Engineering.

I just got accepted as well. Was anyone accepted with the condition of completing another course? It says that I need to complete a engineering prob&stats II or topics in mathematics with application on finance, or introduction to stochastic processes.

I just got accepted as well. Was anyone accepted with the condition of completing another course? It says that I need to complete a engineering prob&stats II or topics in mathematics with application on finance, or introduction to stochastic processes.
Same for me, not sure why.

Same for me, not sure why.
I think it is for accepted students who have taken less math courses than what they prefer. I majored in finance and quantitative sciences, so I only took elementary math courses (advanced cal, linear algebra). I just want to see if how common this is among the accepted students, and if the list of courses is the same across applicants (because the options are very different courses).

Accepted, but not as expected - they've offered a concentration of Data Analytics instead of Financial Engineering.
That's interesting. Data Analytics is one of several concentrations offered by the Cornell ORIE. It sounds very similar to what Columbia used to offer their MFE applicants the option to do MSOR degree.
Let's us know what you decide.

Congratulations @Alex Ng
Please I would like to know, how much is Cornell's tuition deposit fee?

Has Cornell still only released one batch of acceptances so far? Hopefully we should be getting another quite soon.
Hi bruv

Do you have any information about the knight scholarship? Are there those who applied for the knight scholarship and have gotten offers?

Today is March 4th and I still havn't heard anything back from Cornell. Congrats to those who got in. For those who are still waiting, don't lose hope guys and I am with y'all.

I just received an email from Victoria Averbukh saying that they are finalizing the decisions for Cornell FE. Did anybody else get this email? Many applicants whom I know did not get the email, does that mean it is a good sign?

I just received an email from Victoria Averbukh saying that they are finalizing the decisions for Cornell FE. Did anybody else get this email? Many applicants whom I know did not get the email, does that mean it is a good sign?
my son got the same letter to ask him to be patient. Not sure if this is any sign....

Back