• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Football season

PACKERS and LIONS ... except I never tell people I rep the Lions..for obvious reasons! but that might change now! And that last touchdown should have been counted!

Oh...and GO BADGERS!!!

I grew up a fan of
logo_spartak1.gif

but they've been playing so poorly as of late that it's hard to stay excited for them.

So now I root more for
logo_zenit1.gif

Because they're fun to watch (and have a more sustainable and dedicated approach to winning games) and have had great international success. Perhaps I'm a traitor but rooting for a team that's billed as the next greatest thing ever(tm) only to watch it turn into the lot of dilapidated past-their-prime stars year in and year out is not that much fun. I'd also love to root for CSKA in the European cups but its army affiliation gives me serious second thoughts. The team from Siberia is awesome though.

Andy, you're also a bit late, 26 rounds have gone by and only 6 remain ;)

I grew up a fan of
logo_spartak1.gif

but they've been playing so poorly as of late that it's hard to stay excited for them.

So now I root more for
logo_zenit1.gif

Because they're fun to watch (and have a more sustainable and dedicated approach to winning games) and have had great international success. Perhaps I'm a traitor but rooting for a team that's billed as the next greatest thing ever(tm) only to watch it turn into the lot of dilapidated past-their-prime stars year in and year out is not that much fun. I'd also love to root for CSKA in the European cups but its army affiliation gives me serious second thoughts. The team from Siberia is awesome though.

What the hell...

Nice one. Different choice of teams, but same sport for me. World football is what it's all about.

I grew up a fan of
logo_spartak1.gif

So now I root more for
logo_zenit1.gif

Joy. I wonder if Eagles can make 8-8 this year. GJ trading away McNabb, Reid! The new bad QB just got concussed (prior to which he still sucked). Here's to hoping we keep Vick as starter -.-...

Joy. I wonder if Eagles can make 8-8 this year. GJ trading away McNabb, Reid! The new bad QB just got concussed (prior to which he still sucked). Here's to hoping we keep Vick as starter -.-...

Give Kolb a change; this is his first season as a starter. Vick can scramble but he's not exactly great in the pocket and his ability to read defenses while in the pocket is average, at best.

Nonetheless, should be an interesting season for the Eagles now that both McNabb and Westbrook are no longer there.

Love the way they played yesterday. All hype and the result is always the same.
Take it you are a fan of that team?
Like many people who have called NYC home, our dislikes for BoSox, Cowboys, Patriots and other rival teams are understandable.

Just as my dislike for the Yankees, Giants, and Jets is understandeable :D

Love the way they played yesterday. All hype and the result is always the same.
Take it you are a fan of that team?
Like many people who have called NYC home, our dislikes for BoSox, Cowboys, Patriots and other rival teams are understandable.
I'm from Dallas.

I have no problem cheering for the Jets though.

Living in NYC must be hard for you. Unlike stories I heard about Yankees fans in Beantown, I'm sure you have no trouble wearing your beloved team's jersey in the city. Have you?

Nope, none at all. I've gotten into some friendly chatter, on a few occasions, with some people on the Subway who commented about about my Patriots / Red Sox gear.

As for the 'stories' you've heard, I'm sure they go both ways and there's no doubt facts tend to get skewed coming down the grapevine.

Did you happen to hear this about a Yankees fan in Beantown?

badgers??? let's go whoever is playing the badgers!!!

oops... the badgers got their behinds kicked.

Back