• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Fordham MSQF Fordham MSQF

Has anyone heard back from Fordham University regarding MSQF admissions? Just want to know what the timeline looks like for this school, given that I have a few other program options, but Fordham is one of my top choices.

Just curious, what are your other options? I have not heard much about Fordham MSQF as it is overshadowed by other NY schools, Baruch, Columbia, NYU, Cornell etc.

I've gotten into JHU FinMath and Stevens MFE as well... although based on QuantNet's rankings, my #1 choice based on my options right now SHOULD be JHU. I do think that Fordham's program is decently competitive, and it's in NYC (I'm based in NYC), so it's convenient for me to get admissions. Still waiting to hear back from Fordham, NYU (waitlisted), and Columbia (top choice!!)

Another thing I want to note is that I'm only applying to PART-TIME programs, as I'm wanting to work full-time like I do currently. For this reason, I'm greatly limited by my MFE options. I believe Fordham is full-time, but I'm hoping to get admissions anyway as an option - who knows, might be able to negotiate a part-time track!

I'm pretty sure you can be part time at most, if not all, of the schools. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
UChicago still has applications open, there is a part time option!
Stony Brook is still also accepting applications, with a strong Applied Math program. There is a part time option there as well.

Another thing I want to note is that I'm only applying to PART-TIME programs, as I'm wanting to work full-time like I do currently. For this reason, I'm greatly limited by my MFE options. I believe Fordham is full-time, but I'm hoping to get admissions anyway as an option - who knows, might be able to negotiate a part-time track!
Just looking at the 2023 quant net rankings you can see that Baruch, Berkeley, Colombia, both NYU programs, Chicago, GIT, Washington, SIT, Lehigh, Rutgers, Minnesota, and North Carolina offer part time spots.

And this doesn't count the programs who offer part time but have no part time students ranked.

Not sure how many applications are still open though. That's your job.

Just looking at the 2023 quant net rankings you can see that Baruch, Berkeley, Colombia, both NYU programs, Chicago, GIT, Washington, SIT, Lehigh, Rutgers, Minnesota, and North Carolina offer part time spots.

And this doesn't count the programs who offer part time but have no part time students ranked.

Not sure how many applications are still open though. That's your job.
I picked programs that are closer to me in proximity, since like I said, I'm based in NYC. I've already been rejected from CUNY Baruch, and I chose not to apply to NYU MathFin and Columbia MathFin because I'm personally leaning towards an engineering masters as I'm trying to become a quant developer. And as I mentioned above, I have gotten accepted into SIT.

There were fewer part time students in the ranking than I assumed, sorry for implying that you had missed opportunities. I was off base. +13/29 is not terrible (though far from ideal), and your location requirement adds additional complications. Your original posts make sense. I wanted to make sure you knew of other opportunities, but didn't mean to imply that you were lazy in your search. I hope your admissions process goes well, and I'm sorry to say that I have no information on Fordham's program.
Definitely not true...

I've gotten into JHU FinMath and Stevens MFE as well... although based on QuantNet's rankings, my #1 choice based on my options right now SHOULD be JHU. I do think that Fordham's program is decently competitive, and it's in NYC (I'm based in NYC), so it's convenient for me to get admissions. Still waiting to hear back from Fordham, NYU (waitlisted), and Columbia (top choice!!)
Hi when did you hear back from JHU? I applied last Dec 14 and have yet to receive any progress :(

Back