• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Getting started with C++ Windows UI

Hello,

Need a little guidance from the community here. I am trying to learn to create windows applications on top of the some existing code (option pricing basics in the C++ FE course) and also at some point use streaming live prices for spot.

Could someone kindly point me to the right direction for start with Windows UI programming with C++ (like window objects, text entry boxes, buttons etc)

This is a whole area in itself. What kinds of applications do you want to make?

In the old days MFC was king but things have moved to frameworks in C++/CLI and C#.

Last time I looked WPF seems the standard

Anyways, this hopefully will get you started.

hth

Last edited:
Thank you! I just wanted to play around and see how to create an windows application rather than have console output. Plan to use the option exact pricer code to use inputs from the user with text boxes etc. Just a hobby thing!

You're welcome!
A very and yugely famous UI is Excel and the best IMO is Excel-DNA which is very popular.

Then you can put your C++ code (e.g. from course) into C++/CLI and create addons on Excel-DNA. It is better than WPF in this case.

It would a great project both for pleasure and for business :)

Back