• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Interviews for MIT MFin Fall 2014 Entrance

so nervous. I asked them for early decision because my reply due date for other programs is before March 10, but they said No...

Any one know :
1- What is the class size of next year ?
2- How many people were invited to interview ?
3- Any early decision or " hint " by the admission !

Any one know :
1- What is the class size of next year ?
2- How many people were invited to interview ?
3- Any early decision or " hint " by the admission !

1. Was 124 and 127 last two years, and the size has been continuously increasing, so I guess at least 127. (# of admitted was 175 during the last two years.)
2. MIT said three times the # of admitted were invited to interview last year, so assuming increased number of applicants, about 3~4 times the # of admitted.
3. Absolutely no early decision or "hint".

Yeah but the yield rates will definitely be better this time due to the in persona interview. I am not sure whether they will factor this in their calculations when announcing the results.

If I had to place bets I would put the number at around 150 admits, assuming a modest 10% improvement in yield.

C
1. Was 124 and 127 last two years, and the size has been continuously increasing, so I guess at least 127. (# of admitted was 175 during the last two years.)
2. MIT said three times the # of admitted were invited to interview last year, so assuming increased number of applicants, about 3~4 times the # of admitted.
3. Absolutely no early decision or "hint".

Considering there is only one round of interview, I expect the number of applicants to decrease substantially; let's not forget that throughout the years, MIT held two rounds of interviews - and sometimes three.

I think it might not be accurate. If they gave early decision it would not just be to only one person. Keep waiting!

I think we should do a Countdown! :ROFLMAO:

Anyone know how we'll be notified of our decision and what time exactly?

Back