• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

MIT MFin Interviews for MIT MFin Fall 2014 Entrance

Phew...gave my interview today...One piece of advice from the interview- Make sure you know why you are entering the program and what are you going to do with it. Good luck to remaining interviewees.

Phew...gave my interview today...One piece of advice from the interview- Make sure you know why you are entering the program and what are you going to do with it. Good luck to remaining interviewees.
yea always good to know what u wanna do in life when someone asks u

Now to enjoy the slow torturous wait for 10th of March :sick::sick::sick:...why can't they end the agony earlier!

and u just had ur inteerview. a lot of us had them in the end of jan. even longer wait

Hi fellas,

I am scheduled for a Skype interview with MIT on the 19 of Feb and will appreciate if some people could share the kind of questions they received.

I realize that this may not be the best source for information since we're, technically, competing for the same seat, but I am sure that there are people who have already secured admission from other programs (CMU and Columbia, etc) who are willing to share, given MIT is not their first choice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hi fellas,

I am scheduled for a Skype interview with MIT on the 19 of Feb and will appreciate if some people could share the kind of questions they received.

I realize that this may not be the best source for information since we're, technically, competing for the same seat, but I am sure that there are people who have already secured admission from other programs (CMU and Columbia, etc) who are willing to share, given MIT is not their first choice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

I thought you were going to France/Shanghai for it. Wasn't that the case ?

I thought you were going to France/Shanghai for it. Wasn't that the case ?
Yup, that was the case. But as I mentioned in an earlier comment that I would try and opt for a Skype interview, given personal circumstances, which MIT kindly agreed to.

This interview is not fair at all ! Most of the people have circumstances that will not let them travel to do an interview. ! each at least need to pay +1000$ just for Visa and Hotel and Ticket ! and now they allow student to arrange Skype interview !

This is not fair at all

This interview is not fair at all ! Most of the people have circumstances that will not let them travel to do an interview. ! each at least need to pay +1000$ just for Visa and Hotel and Ticket ! and now they allow student to arrange Skype interview !

This is not fair at all
Skype was always an option. If you had taken the time to ask, they would have told you it was 'highly recomended' and 'under extentuating circumstances', but never will they say it was out of question.

I think those people are just the people that didn't get an interview?
thats exactly what it is i think. they started popping up on feb 14 which is the date on mit website that says...if dont get invite for interview by then u will get rejection notice instead of waiting till march 10

kinda decent in a way

Back