• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

Wow congratz yang_pop for your interview! So they ask you to choose the interview day or they will give you some choices?
Thanks;)
They just told me the assessment will reach us shortly without any other more specific info

I email them, since I have another interview to arrange.
They replied with this info:)
May I ask about your location? So you had the onsite interview? It seems that it would be a sort of online math test the same as the one offfered by Waterloo? :)

May I ask about your location? So you had the onsite interview? It seems that it would be a sort of online math test the same as the one offfered by Waterloo? :)
No, I am in China now, and I received the assessment invitation via email, not the onsite one.
So, what is the inline test of Waterloo like?

No, I am in China now, and I received the assessment invitation via email, not the onsite one.
So, what is the inline test of Waterloo like?
But you have interviewed? through the skype or phone? I still have no knowledge about when the interview will be( before or after the assessment) I haven't applied for waterloo. But I heard that some multiple choices. :)

But you have interviewed? through the skype or phone? I still have no knowledge about when the interview will be( before or after the assessment) I haven't applied for waterloo. But I heard that some multiple choices. :)

I'd say the Waterloo entrance test is much harder, with many financial and statistic questions, also some real analysis questions as well. It's also longer, you have 2 hours to do about 26-27 questions. The UT one (the one for onsite interviews), on the other hand, is much shorter and more like a basic math test. I'm not sure about the online assessment though.

No, just as you, I haven't took the assessment or interview, and not sure if there would be one indeed;)

I'd say the Waterloo entrance test is much harder, with many financial and statistic questions, also some real analysis questions as well. It's also longer, you have 2 hours to do about 26-27 questions. The UT one (the one for onsite interviews), on the other hand, is much shorter and more like a basic math test. I'm not sure about the online assessment though.
Thank you very much;)~~
if as tech as that, I guess my life would be in a mass to prepare for that.
But I have questions that if the assessment is only about the basic math, and we are provided 2 hours to complete, how could they judge our work, since most of which should be well done?

Thank you very much;)~~
But I have questions that if the assessment is only about the basic math, and we are provided 2 hours to complete, how could they judge our work, since most of which should be well done?

For the onsite test, it's only 45 mins. If UT gives you 2 hours for an online test, chances are it would be harder than the onsite one. Otherwise there's no point in doing this at all.

For the onsite test, it's only 45 mins. If UT gives you 2 hours for an online test, chances are it would be harder than the onsite one. Otherwise there's no point in doing this at all.
Here is the point, they give us one week to complete the online assessment

I do not think any test can measure the whole process of study of an applicant, it is just to remove those completely not adept with maths such as those who in econ or biz with no exposure to rigourous training in maths. I believe they will base on the entire academic record instead of this test, like any other programs

Thank you very much;)~~
This is only to wedge out those who are really not suitable, such as those with very week maths background, i think they evaluate based on the whole portfolio

oh thanks yang_pop for that info, i hope i also get that assessment soon, they've yet told me anything :( btw is the tuition this year still 40k or will there be an increase like last year, anyonr know?
Jondan, from my offer letter, it says that the tuition is 40k+$1200 incidental fees+$105 portal access fees. There is an internship session (which I think is 100% placement) in the winter term that pays $17,000 directly to your MMF tuition fees.

oh so it is same as last year! for international we still need to prove available fund of 67k for visa though, 40k tuion plus 800 insurance plus 1300 fee and 25k living expense

Has anyone down the online assessment? is it hard?what kind of questions is it? multiple choice?

Any International applicant from India got online assessment email?
I can see many Chinese undergrads have got email. What abt applicants from India?

I'm anxious and still waiting for their reply.

just finished the phone interview and the assessment

they are tough. The technical questions in the assessment seem more difficult than the group interview....

good luck everyone

just finished the phone interview and the assessment

they are tough. The technical questions in the assessment seem more difficult than the group interview....

good luck everyone
Just finished the assessment too. Rather tough, and the time seems sort of short.
How about the interview? Tough as their onsite interview?

Back