• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

New Quantnet members say hi

hi everyone, my name is Gaurav and supposedly a prospective student of MFIN and I am here to explore and learn all about Quantitative Finance education and career......I hold a Master's Degree in Electronics Engineering from one of the so called top ranked univeristies.............

Gaurav welcom to Quantnet :) If you have any questions, just ask :)
Meanwhile, look around, we have a lot of interesting info posted on the website.

Hey guys,
Hi! I'm Ramnik Arora from IIT (India) and pursuing my majors in Mathematics and Scientific Computing. I am currently in my 3rd year and will graduate '10.
My knowledge is almost zilch so I don't think I'll be able to contribute much as of now with anything other than occasional questions. :). Sorry!
Cheers,
Ramnik Arora
http://home.iitk.ac.in/~ramnik/

Ramnik, welcome to Quantnet!

It is not a problem that you don't know much about finance now :) when I was in my 3rd year, I was not aware of Financial Engineering at all. So hopefully by the time you graduate, you will be an expert. And maybe we'll help you a bit here in the forum. Finance has lots of areas to choose from. Ask questions, do research, and you'll figure out which path to go.

Hi all,

I am from India. A mech. Engg working in an IP (Intellectual Property) firm in India.

A CFA Level 1 candidate.

I want to pursue MS FE or MS F from a top university.

A big Hi to all of you.

Hi all,

I am from India. A mech. Engg working in an IP (Intellectual Property) firm in India.

A CFA Level 1 candidate.

I want to pursue MS FE or MS F from a top university.

A big Hi to all of you.

Welcome to Quantnet :) and Hi to you too :)

Hi to you too :) and welcome!

Not many people get interested in Finance from High School :) some get their degrees in other disciplines first.

By the way, who can tell me what was Dr. Shreve's major when he was an undergrad? :) Those who don't know will never guess.
Thanks. I know the answer now.. Googled it..:D He did his Bachelor's in German n tat only two yrs as he had already completed his 2 yrs language course.
Huh...!!!

Thanks. I know the answer now.. Googled it..:D He did his Bachelor's in German n tat only two yrs as he had already completed his 2 yrs language course.
Huh...!!!

Yes, thats what I'm talking about :) He is very famous in the area of Mathematical Finance. However, Dr. Shreve was a German major as an undergrad. And then he did MS in Electrical Engineering and worked in the area of Stochastic Control (wrote a book on that as well). It was only after few years that he became interested in Finance :)

Yes, thats what I'm talking about :) He is very famous in the area of Mathematical Finance. However, Dr. Shreve was a German major as an undergrad. And then he did MS in Electrical Engineering and worked in the area of Stochastic Control (wrote a book on that as well). It was only after few years that he became interested in Finance :)

Linguist, mathematician - it's all symbolic manipulation. I was stronger at modern and ancient languages than at mathematics - I just did not see as good career prospects in languages, rather sadly.

Linguist, mathematician - it's all symbolic manipulation. I was stronger at modern and ancient languages than at mathematics - I just did not see as good career prospects in languages, rather sadly.

In my case, languages, history, literature can only a hobby. I don't picture myself dealing with anything else but numbers :)

Hey everybody, I'm excited to talk some trader talk. It's to bring the trading and hedge fund community into the public consciousness that I've written my new book 'An American Hedge Fund'. Hope you guys enjoy it half as much as I enjoyed writing it!

Tim Sykes
Author, An American Hedge Fund

Hi to all its me owais doin my BS Financial Engineering!! good to see others FE students

hi my name is tintin, ;), and am a undergrad student at baruch majoring in math and eco. i am interested in the capital markets in general, trading/strategy, economics, mathematics, and programming.

hi my name is tintin, ;), and am a undergrad student at baruch majoring in math and eco. i am interested in the capital markets in general, trading/strategy, economics, mathematics, and programming.

Welcome to Quantnet :) what do you think about getting into Financial Engineering after you graduate?

hey everyone

I am Karan Ganjoo, final year student at the Department of Civil Engineering
I wish to apply for MS FE this year and am glad to be a part of this community.

Back