• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

Is there a reason why the NYU Tandon MS FE program is not ranked on Risk.Net in 2023? This seems to be the only year where the program missed the ranking.
@quantchoices @Alex Ng -- tying this discussion thread together
The 2023 cohort has, I believe, 153 students.

We did not participate with Risk,Net last year because we had unanswered questions about their methodology.

And -- after all of the crazy news about schools doctoring their data to increase their rankings, NYU now has a centralized system for assuring that released data are accurate and that these are fairly examined by outside agencies. We am not permitted to release the number of offers made a year ago without going through this internal verification process, and right now we are really busy teaching, researching, and managing the 2024 waitlist for admissions. So this data item will need to wait, possibly for quite a while.

We did not participate with Risk,Net last year because we had unanswered questions about their methodology.

And -- after all of the crazy news about schools doctoring their data to increase their rankings, NYU now has a centralized system for assuring that released data are accurate and that these are fairly examined by outside agencies. We am not permitted to release the number of offers made a year ago without going through this internal verification process, and right now we are really busy teaching, researching, and managing the 2024 waitlist for admissions. So this data item will need to wait, possibly for quite a while.
Are the questions answered? Will the program participate in the 2024 ranking?

Thanks @NYU Tandon MS FE Admissions Team. Wonder which schools doctor their results…

@NYU Tandon MS FE Admissions Team May I kindly ask if one could possible defer enrollment by 1 year to 2025 Fall? If not, could one keep the application materials (including recommendation letters) and re-apply next year with the same application materials?

@NYU Tandon MS FE Admissions Team May I kindly ask if one could possible defer enrollment by 1 year to 2025 Fall? If not, could one keep the application materials (including recommendation letters) and re-apply next year with the same application materials?
Hi -- please direct your request to
Office of Graduate Enrollment Management and Admissions
engineering.gradinfo@nyu.edu
Phone: (646) 997-3182

This group is the one at NYU Tandon with the ability to make this decision.

Hi @NYU Tandon MS FE Admissions Team, would it be posible to know if waitlist decisions have started going out yet?
We have begun making decisions. It takes some time for these to be processed by Graduate Admissions because this is the part of the sequence where they examine applicants' credentials for fraudulent transcripts and other issues. You all should expect to see this process stretch into May -- each round of admissions gets a deposit deadline and when this passes we make more admissions.

We have begun making decisions. It takes some time for these to be processed by Graduate Admissions because this is the part of the sequence where they examine applicants' credentials for fraudulent transcripts and other issues. You all should expect to see this process stretch into May -- each round of admissions gets a deposit deadline and when this passes we make more admissions
Understood, thank you for the information. Hoping to hear an update soon!

Hi, may I ask the enrollment number available for the waitlist? I sent email about my continued interest but they didn't reply... But I really hope to go for it

Hi,

I would like to know the Teaching Assistant/Fellow and Reasearch Assistant/Fellow opportunities available for MFE students.

Regards.

Has the application portal been malfunctioning for others too or just me? Everytime I log in it just leads me to the instructions page of a fresh 2024 application. I haven't been able to see the checklist/application status page for a few days now.

@NYU Tandon MS FE Admissions Team
Dear Admissions Team,

Could you share what proportion of students from the waitlist are likely to get an admit?(Based on your current estimate)
@NYU Tandon MS FE Admissions Team
Any update on MSFE waitlist students?
I have heard that students waitlisted for other courses such as MSCS and MSDS have started giving out updates(decisions) on waitlists. I was told in the last update on 28th Feb that it would take typically 6-8 weeks which is already due plus its almost May and would be too late to make a decision since many of us are depended on it so when can we expect the final decisions?

Last edited:
Back