• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

NYU Tandon MFE Q&A with NYU Tandon MS FE

Hi @lighnity, did you get an update on your application since the 'Awaiting Decision' banner disappeared? Mine has disappeared too today, I'm anxious as to whether it will be updated to reflect a rejection.

Hi @lighnity, did you get an update on your application since the 'Awaiting Decision' banner disappeared? Mine has disappeared too today, I'm anxious as to whether it will be updated to reflect a rejection.
I have seen posts where people had similar situation. 'Awaiting Decision' is gone, so is the checklist. The posts I have seen said they eventually got rejected. I can't remember if there were any waitlists.
However, definitely take what I said with a grain of salt since I have a small sample size.

I have seen posts where people had similar situation. 'Awaiting Decision' is gone, so is the checklist. The posts I have seen said they eventually got rejected. I can't remember if there were any waitlists.
However, definitely take what I said with a grain of salt since I have a small sample size.

Welp, I'm in danger haha. But yeah same, checklist is gone too. Saw a guy in this thread itself report the same and then get a rejection.

Someone else got accepted after the dashboard vanished, just means a decision is coming, no indication of which decision

My dashboard disappeared yesterday morning, still no updates, according to an email reply one person posted "you will see an update in the coming days" so it could be a little. One person also said they received an email 2 hours after the dashboard change, however he doesn't say how often he was checking the dashboard so who knows how long it had been like that before he noticed.

My dashboard disappeared yesterday morning, still no updates, according to an email reply one person posted "you will see an update in the coming days" so it could be a little. One person also said they received an email 2 hours after the dashboard change, however he doesn't say how often he was checking the dashboard so who knows how long it had been like that before he noticed.

Yeah that's a fair point. No reason to constantly refresh the portal then, just gotta be patient.

Someone else got accepted after the dashboard vanished, just means a decision is coming, no indication of which decision
Past applicants said that if the checklist disappears and the awaiting decision is still there, it means an offer. If both are gone, then it is a rejection. Take this anyway you want, but yeah hard to draw conclusions

Past applicants said that if the checklist disappears and the awaiting decision is still there, it means an offer. If both are gone, then it is a rejection. Take this anyway you want, but yeah hard to draw conclusions
I'm specifically talking about Joe on page 4 of this thread, I can't speak for anything besides his testimony, very possible you are right

@joe_boy Could you confirm if this was true for you?

Edit: Reddit threads from 2 years ago have users who had both banner and checklist disappear, and then get accepted a couple days later. Seems like it could mean anything.

Last edited:
@joe_boy Could you confirm if this was true for you?

Edit: Reddit threads from 2 years ago have users who had both banner and checklist disappear, and then get accepted a couple days later. Seems like it could mean anything.
If you saw this change yesterday, results should be released today around 6pm ET.

I saw my checklist disappeared but "awaiting decision" was still there, and I ended up getting an offer. Personally I didn't receive an email for the update, but I was able to check it in my portal.

Best of luck to you!!

If you saw this change yesterday, results should be released today around 6pm ET.

I saw my checklist disappeared but "awaiting decision" was still there, and I ended up getting an offer. Personally I didn't receive an email for the update, but I was able to check it in my portal.

Best of luck to you!!

Hey congratulations on your offer! Just one question, when your 'Application Checklist' disappeared, did it show an 'Enrollment Checklist' instead along with the 'awaiting decision'?

I think this is def right since many applicants results have proved it correct, just one minor change - both check list and "waiting decision" are gone will be either waitlist or rejection.

It could also mean you got put on a waitlist. My banner and checklist disappeared, but I only got put on a waitlist.

Probably best not to infer anything until an actual result comes in.

It could also mean you got put on a waitlist. My banner and checklist disappeared, but I only got put on a waitlist.

Yeah you're right, just gonna wait and see.

This is spot on, @Melanieyx was right too. I got an update placing me on the waitlist.

For those of you who noticed changes in the portal before you received a decision, does anyone remember how long it took to receive a decision update after you saw the checklist/"awaiting decision" disappeared?

For those of you who noticed changes in the portal before you received a decision, does anyone remember how long it took to receive a decision update after you saw the checklist/"awaiting decision" disappeared?
They update the portal around 6pm EST I think.

Back