• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Quants love poker?

I've noticed a lot of quants liking poker. Do you like poker? Do you play poker online? What are some good books or video tutorials in learning poker? How much have you made so far?

Some do, some prefer chess, some prefer soccer.

....Or figure skating

I know.. I know...
I'm just reading The Quants and it opens with an intense poker match.

I read the first chapter and couldn't read the rest. It's so fictionalized.
Tmaloney, believe me when I say I was going to reply with the same exact thing. I truly don't know how someone can fully read that book. I don't even believe I got through the entire first chapter...

quants love pocker and bridge. Especially developers willing to program a bot handling multiple players.

Let's add one type to quant types: quant developer, quant strategyst, quant trader .... quantitative gambler or quantitative pokerman :)

Back