• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Remember that Impossible Is Nothing video?

Some goofball took himself too seriously again =P

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tenac...ughed-at-by-everyone-else-on-wall-street.html

cover-letter-jpg_154356.jpg

No, he most certainly did not. Come on, why is nobody else laughing here? Have we all become grumps?

That's some letter, it's hilarious.

Anyone can do 35 pull-ups but can he program C++(and QN Module VI) at the same time? We need all-rounders :D

It doesn't really matter as long as he's not insulting anyone. He just seems like a misguided student (in fact, I did the same thing my junior year that lost me a super-day). Some day, he will be laughing about this with his co-workers.

Hilarious! Double his weight PLUS 35 pull ups?? Wow this guy is amazing !

No, he most certainly did not. Come on, why is nobody else laughing here? Have we all become grumps?
probably because it seems like an innocent mistake. All of us have made similar mistakes at one time or another. IIRC, couple of years ago you published your full name, address, phone and resume on this website.

This is the strangest clip I ever saw on QuantNet. Thanks Daniel :)

This is the strangest clip I ever saw on QuantNet. Thanks Daniel :)

The '35 pull ups' triggered this response. :)Brian Jacks was a London judoka who became Europe's fittest man in the 7o's. He became very famous afterwards.

So, who can beat Jacks' record? :)

Jacks is doing 1/2 dips at best, by modern standards.

I'd be amazed if this chap really could bench double his bodyweight, since that feat is reserved mostly for NFL/NHL/NBA draftees et. al. He is simply a pathetic narcissist, no more, no less.

Jacks is doing 1/2 dips at best, by modern standards.

I'd be amazed if this chap really could bench double his bodyweight, since that feat is reserved mostly for NFL/NHL/NBA draftees et. al. He is simply a pathetic narcissist, no more, no less.

LOL!
He was a great judoka from the Budokwai(oldest club in Europe), London. He was the first Brit to have won a medal at the World championships. He made judo cook in the UK.

Judoka don't bench press so much because it develops the wrong kinds of muscles... Isometric being useful in this case.

imho bench pressing is very bad for your muscles. Each to his own :D

Athletes of the 80's are nothing compared to the athletes of today. Jacks may have been the best in his day, today he wouldn't even make the olympics or a world championship.

And you're wrong about judoka's bench pressing. Firstly, they bench press because it's important to have a balance between your pushing muscles (bench press etc.) and your pulling muscles (rows etc.) to prevent injury and core imbalances. Secondly, a larger, stronger muscle also exhibits greater isometric strength, and actually if you watch a typical Judo fight, there is much isotonic movement as isometric.

Do you think Teddy Riner got to be 140kg by holding some weights in static positions all day?

And why do you think bench pressing is very bad for your muscles? You can believe pretty much anything you like, (God, Toothy Fairy, Santa Claus) but it doesn't mean you're right, and I'd be interested to know what evidence you have that bench pressing is bad for one's muscles.

Back