• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Sending Transcripts

This has been quite the unexpected process. Something simple is made unnecessarily complicated. Any past/current MFE students want to shed some light on there process with this part of the application.. Long story short, some programs want official, some want unofficial, regardless, any copy of the original or the unofficial I can get is encrypted and some programs will not except it. Any information would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Last edited:
I’m meeting this issue as well. Just purchased a digital copy of my official transcripts through my university only to find out the pdf starts with a page stating I am not able to send the document to any unauthorized parties. Curious what folks have to say, thanks for posting this.

I’m meeting this issue as well. Just purchased a digital copy of my official transcripts through my university only to find out the pdf starts with a page stating I am not able to send the document to any unauthorized parties. Curious what folks have to say, thanks for posting this.
yeah this is exactly what I've been dealing with.

I just rang the registrars office at my school and they said to disregard the first page and that I’m considered the “record owner” of the document. Did your school delegate the authentication/generation of the official copy to a service called Parchment? If so, I would imagine you’re good to go also. Hopefully this is as easy a fix for you as it was for me.

Last edited:
My pdf is also encrypted. As of now, I think I'm just going to send them as is, my reasoning being that, if anything, the first page only adds to the authenticity. Nonetheless, I'm curious what current/past students have to say here.

I just got an email from CMU saying my transcripts as I submitted them are illegible, so it seems the encryption of the pdf is problematic. The workaround I’m going to try is printing out the official copy of my transcripts and then scanning the printed version into a pdf that won’t be encrypted.

Back