• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE 2025 Spring

I got waitlisted this morning after an interview on Feb 6. How's the conversion rate?

I got waitlisted this morning after an interview on Feb 6. How's the conversion rate?
Is it waitlist with a preparation checklist?

My understanding from previous years conversion is that if you complete the checklist you have a reasonable shot, but most people don’t bother to finish the checklist

Hey Guys,
I am very happy share that I got positive response from admission committee for recommendation to the program today. Thanks for all the threads here which kept giving me hope to wait (else I would have been hopeless since it’s already close to R2 and I didn’t hear back). As FYI I also got a lot of checklist to complete:
1. Numerical Analysis
2. PDE
3. Macroeconomics
4. Python
5. Finance
6. Pre-program courses
7. Recommended Books

Hey Guys,
I am very happy share that I got positive response from admission committee for recommendation to the program today. Thanks for all the threads here which kept giving me hope to wait (else I would have been hopeless since it’s already close to R2 and I didn’t hear back). As FYI I also got a lot of checklist to complete:
1. Numerical Analysis
2. PDE
3. Macroeconomics
4. Python
5. Finance
6. Pre-program courses
7. Recommended Books
Hi, may I ask if you have been wait listed as well?

hi has everyone received a "recommendation to graduate division for admission" ?? or an acceptance/ offer letter??
Hey Guys,
1. Numerical Analysis
2. PDE
3. Macroeconomics
4. Python
5. Finance
6. Pre-program courses
7. Recommended Books
was confused as to what "recommendation to graduate division for admission" implies

hi has everyone received a "recommendation to graduate division for admission" ?? or an acceptance/ offer letter??

was confused as to what "recommendation to graduate division for admission" implies
I also got recommendation to graduate division for admission and an option to accept the recommendation (which is meant to reserve the spot as per the portal). An official admission letter will follow post approval from the Graduate Division(again as per the portal).

I also got recommendation to graduate division for admission and an option to accept the recommendation (which is meant to reserve the spot as per the portal). An official admission letter will follow post approval from the Graduate Division(again as per the portal).
Same

Congratulations @anonysolmon! Moving forward, how would you know if the checklist is considered “done”?

Hey Guys,
1. Numerical Analysis
2. PDE
3. Macroeconomics
4. Python
5. Finance
6. Pre-program courses
7. Recommended Books
What books? I'd love to see what they recommend.

Congratulations @anonysolmon! Moving forward, how would you know if the checklist is considered “done”?
Thanks!! On their(Univ) website they have mentioned approved list of courses, My plan is to finish them, upload the certificate and if there are any concerns hope they would reach out.
What books? I'd love to see what they recommend.
It’s a list of books mentioned on their website. Please check it there.

Back