• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

UCB MFE UCB MFE 2025 Spring

Hi, for the fellows that got accepted, I’m wondering if you have scholarships? I remembered there was a form for scholarship at the time of application but i didn’t submit it. I knew someone who got scholarship, not sure if it is related to this. Thanks!

All the people who got admit and are planning to join UC Berkeley, can we make a group to discuss the prerequisite courses preparation also ofc get to know each other too? I was thinking of a whatsapp group, any other suggestions are also welcome

I was interviewed on last Thursday,8 weeks since I submitted my application. On my portal, the preperation list is empty. is it time that I consider it as a reject?

Hey Guys,
I am very happy share that I got positive response from admission committee for recommendation to the program today. Thanks for all the threads here which kept giving me hope to wait (else I would have been hopeless since it’s already close to R2 and I didn’t hear back). As FYI I also got a lot of checklist to complete:
1. Numerical Analysis
2. PDE
3. Macroeconomics
4. Python
5. Finance
6. Pre-program courses
7. Recommended Books
Hey Congrats !! Just wanted to know, is the acceptance conditional on whether you complete the checklist by some date?

To everyone who has been waitlisted, may I please check with you whether you have received an invite from the admissions team for a 2nd interview?

I haven't heard back from them, but I have learned from an alumnus recently that a 2nd interview might be a sign that they are reconsidering your application.

Please share with us any updates you might have, thanks!!

I also just got waitlisted from round 2 with a list of courses to complete. For people that have received offers from other programs with the deadlines that are coming up, are you guys planning on paying the admission fee and still shoot your shot with Berkeley by taking the courses or what are your thoughts ?

I also just got waitlisted from round 2 with a list of courses to complete. For people that have received offers from other programs with the deadlines that are coming up, are you guys planning on paying the admission fee and still shoot your shot with Berkeley by taking the courses or what are your thoughts ?
Why not? Losing a few thousand for a deposit is nothing in the grand scheme of the tuition for most MFE programs and I'll cross that bridge if/when I get there.

Deposits are a sunk cost fallacy for many

Back