• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Who you want to win the Superbowl ? Giants or Patriots

Who you want to win Superbowl XLII ?

• The underdog Giants

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • The history making Patriots

Votes: 7 46.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
AGAIN... PATRIOTS ARE THE LOSERS!!!! :) :D:dance:

Again... PATRIOTS LOST!!!! THIS IS GREAT!!!

That was an awesome game! The last 2 mins were just unbelievable! Great job Giants!

Like one of the Giants said after the big win, "we surprised the world, but not ourselves!!!!" Celerbrate for the Giants' historical win!!!

Great game - I wonder what Belichick is thinking now... :wall

Great game - I wonder what Belichick is thinking now... :wall
He wasn't in a mood to talk when Fox interviewed him right after the game. The guy even ran inside before the game is officially over. 1 second left and the coach has disappeared :D

349e8a6786a6e81cc3bca5d6ba2a41f8-getty-77331464tl124_super_bowl_xl.jpg

Belichick shows no class: If he's going to lose, Bill Belichick would rather be elsewhere

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/nf...lt=AiH8MrDDpyC7CTIUtzM0dL1DubYF?urn=nfl,64971

By MJD
Sunday, Feb 3, 2008 11:12 pm EST

On more than one occasion this year, Bill Belichick and the Patriots have run up the score on an overmatched opponent, and forced an opposing coach to sit there and watch his beaten team go through the motions while their heineys were being handed to them.

But when the shoe's on the other foot, and Bill Belichick's team has been beaten, he can't sit there and take the pain for a few seconds.

With :02 left on the clock, and his team just having failed on a last chance 4th down effort, Bill Belichick ran onto the field for a quick handshake, and then bolted for the locker room. Belichick's an important guy and everything, but I wasn't aware that the league had given him the authority to decide when games end.

There's time left on the clock, his team's been humbled, outplayed, and lost their chance at history ... and Bill Belichick doesn't have the stomach to sit there and absorb the pain until the clock read 0:00.

That's unsportsmanlike at best, disrespectful at least, and at worst, it makes him a big sissy.

Because Bill Belichick wanted to go hide when he lost, the field ended up being flooded with people, and the officials had to clear the area before the Giants could take their final snap and make it official. When you lose, you take your loss. You don't leave early because it makes you feel sad inside. Your opponent deserves more respect than that.

Anyone remember in 2004 when Randy Moss left the sidelines with 2 seconds left in a Vikings vs. Redskins game? Moss was selfish, a baby, a quitter, didn't respect his teammates, and didn't respect the game. Belichick just did the same thing, but did it on the biggest possible stage, and did it from the position of a leader of men.

Maybe there's something to be said for the inability to lose well ... most great winners don't lose well, and a sore loser is still a loser.

But still, if you're an adult, you finish out the game, and you give your opponents the stage and the respect they deserve.

From what I can remember seeing, no one from the Patriots has publicly congratulated the Giants as they should -- this is lack of sportsmanship!:-k

I'd cut them some slacks! I mean this is pretty painful if you're a Patriot.

From what I can remember seeing, no one from the Patriots has publicly congratulated the Giants as they should -- this is lack of sportsmanship!:-k
Woody, I think they are talking about you...

It was a great game. If they weren't playing the patriots, I'd be excited (I kinda like the Giants).

Defense won it for NY.

Plus, big plays were key--NE not executing them and NY executing them. There were a few possible big plays that did not materialize for NE. But for NY, the most obvious big play was Eli escaping a sac to complete a huge pass that led to the TD.

There were some other plays I could nit-pick at, but overall it was a good game. Analysts that picked NE by 12 must not have watched the last game of the season.

I guess I'll have to settle for only 3 championships in the past 8 years (plus 2 Red Sox championships). Poor me.

btw, I don't think Bridgett was referring to me.

It was a great game. If they weren't playing the patriots, I'd be excited (I kinda like the Giants).

Defense won it for NY.

Plus, big plays were key--NE not executing them and NY executing them. There were a few possible big plays that did not materialize for NE. But for NY, the most obvious big play was Eli escaping a sac to complete a huge pass that led to the TD.

There were some other plays I could nit-pick at, but overall it was a good game. Analysts that picked NE by 12 must not have watched the last game of the season.

I guess I'll have to settle for only 3 championships in the past 8 years (plus 2 Red Sox championships). Poor me.

btw, I don't think Bridgett was referring to me.
Dude, I was kidding :)

Poor you. I guess you have to make do with that knowing the most special chance to be in history is over. I bet Belichick would trade the 3 rings he got for this championship. Sport mortality....NOT.

By the way, the parade is 11AM tomorrow starting at Battery park and end up 1pm in front of City Hall.

This is the sweetest victory, against the Pats. Giants are ready to start a new dynasty.
The Mets and Yankees will be back with a vengeance next year. Proud to be a NY sport fan.

There will, of course, not be a Giants dynasty - let's not get too excited here, and take the victory against the Pats for what it is: one game to win it all (or not win it ;))...

Back