• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anything from 2024 Columbia MFE?

My login portal still shows the checklist with no change in status of any kind.
No intimation from Columbia.
Is there hope still?

Honestly Columbia taking this much time to respond is a big red flag. It is not that complicated to evaluate applications and admit those who are most qualified. If the program actually has the best interest of their potential students in mind, they would not make them wait until May to know where they will go to graduate school. Not to mention the fact that we paid money to have our applications evaluated with the expectation we would have a decision by March. At this point, even if I was accepted I would decline solely based on the programs clear incompetence.

I totally agree. Even visa slots have opened and yet we are still hoping to receive a decision soon from Columbia.

Yea. But isn't it their responsibility to let us know an update regarding the delay? Why are they ghosting like this?

Yea. But isn't it their responsibility to let us know an update regarding the delay? Why are they ghosting like this?
Dear fhu,

The deadline to apply is in a few days and we send offers on a rolling basis. We are not ghosting the applicants. Please remember that the MAFN program is very competitive.

Izabela

Honestly Columbia taking this much time to respond is a big red flag. It is not that complicated to evaluate applications and admit those who are most qualified. If the program actually has the best interest of their potential students in mind, they would not make them wait until May to know where they will go to graduate school. Not to mention the fact that we paid money to have our applications evaluated with the expectation we would have a decision by March. At this point, even if I was accepted I would decline solely based on the programs clear incompetence.
Thank you for you comment, Grumpybear. The deadline to apply to our program is in May and the decisions are given out on a rolling basis. Also, I do not know if you follow the news, but the MAFN Program Director passed away last week. It caused a slight delay.

Dear fhu,

The deadline to apply is in a few days and we send offers on a rolling basis. We are not ghosting the applicants. Please remember that the MAFN program is very competitive.

Izabela
Accidentally wrong program I think haha

I think MAFN has been very transparent about the process with regular communication but everyone here is discussing IEOR’s MFE that is well past the decision deadline with 0 communication.

Thank you for the clarification! The MAFN program sent out a bunch of new offers very recently.

Hi @IzabelaRutkowski, thank you for trying to make an effort to have some official line of communication but like another commenter said, this is the thread for IEOR's MFE. I was wondering if you could please direct someone from the IEOR department to this thread, since quite a few applicants seem to be anxiously awaiting decisions? There has been almost no communication from IEOR regarding the delay, and it is quite late in the admissions cycle at this point. Any sort of update from the department apart from a boilerplate response would be appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited:
It's just laughable at this point that we are still waiting on a program in May whose website says the decision timeline is late Feb to late March.

It's even more funny considering the MAFN program from the same school at least has an admissions rep coming to talk about updates and answer questions, while people hear nothing from MFE.

Did anyone here try to contact ieor admissions recently? I sent an email some days ago and I've been calling but no response.

Back