• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anything from 2024 Columbia MFE?

I just checked today and I have the current status popped up. I didnt have it last week. There is still hope haha that means they’re still reviewing apps.
Does your last name start with a letter of the end of the alphabet by any chance ( ie. T, v,u,...) ? Happy for you, I'm trying to find a logic for their reviews haha

Does your last name start with a letter of the end of the alphabet by any chance ( ie. T, v,u,...) ? Happy for you, I'm trying to find a logic for their reviews haha
That kinda make sense. lol
My Last name starts with Z

And for the first batch on Feb.13 (approximately), I know 2 people got admitted and their last names start with letter C and G

But that is just a guessing lol

That kinda make sense. lol
My Last name starts with Z

And for the first batch on Feb.13 (approximately), I know 2 people got admitted and their last names start with letter C and G

But that is just a guessing lol
If this were really how Columbia reviews its candidates, would you still have enough confidence in its program to shell out 100 grand for it?

Does anyone have a deadline next week to accept the admission? I think it was one week for the guys who got it around 5th. I guess we can expect admits/rejects on Monday/Tuesday

Does anyone have a deadline next week to accept the admission? I think it was one week for the guys who got it around 5th. I guess we can expect admits/rejects on Monday/Tuesday
I got the acceptance in the last batch and they gave me 2 weeks

it should look like this...

Current Status

Your application has been moved to review with the Faculty Committee. The Office of Graduate Admissions cannot give you an estimate on when you will receive your admission decision, but we want you to know that your application will receive careful consideration by the Faculty Committee. Decisions will be made on an ongoing basis and you will be notified via email when a decision has been made.

In the meantime, please continue to keep an eye on your application checklist. Any outstanding materials will be indicated with an "X".
I received this last week as well. Not sure when but I had it when I checked Friday and it was there. Any idea what it means? Apologies if this is too repetitive

I received this last week as well. Not sure when but I had it when I checked Friday and it was there. Any idea what it means? Apologies if this is too repetitive
So far it just means that your application is being considered. Everyone who has received an acceptance first had this message, but just because you have the message doesn’t mean you’ll be accepted.

Anecdotally, people say if you see this message disappear that indicates your decision is being sent out that day

So far it just means that your application is being considered. Everyone who has received an acceptance first had this message, but just because you have the message doesn’t mean you’ll be accepted.

Anecdotally, people say if you see this message disappear that indicates your decision is being sent out that day
Thanks for the explanation ofc this is just speculation, but do we know general timeline? As in, how long should you expect to be waiting between getting this message and a decision

Nobody knows. A few got an answer in 2 weeks and some have had that status up for 2+ months and are still waiting for an answer.
Guess we’ve got some waiting to do. Hopefully this is still a positive sign and we’ll hear back when deadlines for this last round of acceptance passes

Anyone knows the chance of getting into the second option after being rejected by MFE? I don't even have the current status for MFE

Back