• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Anything from 2024 Columbia MFE?

It makes some sense though, Columbia has 1 huge batch while others break it into 2-4 rounds so its going to take them longer to get through the pile of applications.
Yes, that is true. But programs with 2 or 3 rounds of applications have released most of their decisions if not all, while most of us are sitting here not knowing anything idea what's going on. Also, the program website says that decisions will come by the end of March, and we are more than 2 weeks in April. I think the least the program can do is give us an update and a timeline. A lot of people are just held up in this situation.

just received an email:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an exact date of when your application decision will be available nor can we expedite the application review process. Applications are reviewed by a small admissions committee, and therefore, this process may take up to several months. Be assured, you will be notified of the result of your application review as soon as possible."

just received an email:

"Unfortunately, we are unable to provide an exact date of when your application decision will be available nor can we expedite the application review process. Applications are reviewed by a small admissions committee, and therefore, this process may take up to several months. Be assured, you will be notified of the result of your application review as soon as possible."
Yeah, boilerplate reply that they send to anyone who asks for an update. I received the same when I asked a couple of weeks ago.

Do you have the current status header ?

Do you have the current status header ?
NO
I think for me it's might be a silent reject since they might already sent most of the decisions
截屏2024-04-20 19.11.40.png

Last edited:
NO
I think for me it's might be a silent reject since they might already sent most of the decisionsView attachment 52377
That's not the case. I haven't seen any rejections (I've seen one person saying they got a rejection a few weeks ago but I see no evidence and no other rejections, so it might be a troll), and many are still waiting to hear back from this program.

You could argue that those who haven't seen the current status or hear back from the program got a silent rejection, but who knows.

Saw someone said IEOR will make all decisions next Wednesday (Apr.24) on a Chinese Social Media Platform

Might not be true though

Saw someone said IEOR will make all decisions next Wednesday (Apr.24) on a Chinese Social Media Platform

Might not be true though
that is so fake. IEOR doesn't even share the same admissions team. It would be very weird if they actually do something like that, especially given that programs list different timelines on the website.

I see the number of accepted and enrolled students is very low, at least on this platform. How could we analyze this and extrapolate it to real numbers?

I still haven't received any sort of updates in the application portal. It's the usual checklist as before. Are they planning to send rejections anytime soon?

Do yall think these protests will affect the MFE program at all? I don’t see why they would, but it does make me nervous as I committed there.

Do yall think these protests will affect the MFE program at all? I don’t see why they would, but it does make me nervous as I committed there.
no shot lol. Would be surprised if this whole deal isnt wrapped up within the next few weeks at most.

Back