• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Anything from Stanford MCF ?

Anyone heard anything ? There isn't much data around Stanford on the tracker. Though I noticed that decisions usually start coming around 3rd-5th of March.

The chances are, only one person (or at most two) on this forum will get a call from Stanford. So you should hope that nobody here is answering your question. :)

The Stanford name is prestigious so it attracts a lot of applicants. But they only take in like 5 people every year.

What, really? 5 people to their masters program ?
How come I never found this info anywhere. Oh man, why did I even applied if there are only 5 seats.

Unless they are not showing all students. But it makes total sense. Stanford MCF is like one of the four streams within the more general ICME Master program.

Unless they are not showing all students. But it makes total sense. Stanford MCF is like one of the four streams within the more general ICME Master program.
They don’t show them all, I’ve seen people on linkedin not listed here.

To be honest though it doesn’t seem like a whole lot more than 5, definitely among the smallest of cohort sizes.

To be honest though it doesn’t seem like a whole lot more than 5, definitely among the smallest of cohort sizes.
Oh thats good to know. Let's assume it's 10, then I revise my guess to seeing two people on Quantnet getting an offer.

I think they took in more people in the old days, when it was still a stand-alone program. But after they merged it into ICME as literally 1/4 of the more general program, hardly anybody can get in now.

Didn't knew Stanford was such a big deal and this much difficult to get into. I thought it would be similar to MIT or UCB.
Looks like I will have to forget that I even applied to Stanford. 😑

Yes, we have people here applying to Stanford every year but they go to different tracks. They used to have a much larger cohort.
Boris Beltinoff admitted 2019 and already graduated 2021 according to his LinkedIn but still on that site.
This means the website is not current and doesn't have any useful info so applicants like @latus_rectum applied without all the basic info?
I gotta say we have tracked the Stanford program over the years and they haven't improved much in this regard.

Can we deputize you and others into getting people from LinkedIn to write a review for their program on QuantNet?

Yes, we have people here applying to Stanford every year but they go to different tracks. They used to have a much larger cohort.
Boris Beltinoff admitted 2019 and already graduated 2021 according to his LinkedIn but still on that site.
This means the website is not current and doesn't have any useful info so applicants like @latus_rectum applied without all the basic info?
I gotta say we have tracked the Stanford program over the years and they haven't improved much in this regard.
To bolster my claim that we do not know any more about them in 2024 than we did since 2010.

I heard Stanford also has a Management Science Program, which includes a Financial Analytics track.

But I suppose that program is not nearly as rigorous as a regular MFC or MFE program? And so isnt good prep for a quant career?

I agree it's really hard to get information about their programs in general....partly because there are so few alum to reach out to.

Can we deputize you and others into getting people from LinkedIn to write a review for their program on QuantNet?
I don't use linkedin much, only for looking to see what companies certain programs place people at I can definitely reach out to some people asking them to leave reviews here though :thumbsup:

Did they change the admit decision timeline? I clearly remember it was Late Feb for PhD and Late Mar for MS during the time of application.

Most other MS programs have their deposit deadlines before April 😢
Yes they did changed their decision timeline, I guess they changed it last week

Back