• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

C++ online certificate for MFE applicants

Exception handling isn't the part of the syllabus?

Thanks for pointing this out.
It is part of the course, although the essentials (try/catch, throw).
Design of user-defined exception hierarchies is outside scope; but we do discuss STL exception classes.

Thanks for all the feedback. I will incorporate your suggestions into the course.

Thanks for all the feedback. I will incorporate your suggestions into the course.
Daniel
I would suggest that when you create quizzes, think of what kind of C++ questions are usually asked in quant interviews. Some of these questions are to ensure people have the basic grasp of C++.
This way, you can kill two birds with one stone.

Daniel
I would suggest that when you create quizzes, think of what kind of C++ questions are usually asked in quant interviews. Some of these questions are to ensure people have the basic grasp of C++.
This way, you can kill two birds with one stone.

The 'quizzies' are ideal for these kinds of questions, indeed. They test what you have learned at the syntax level. Some quizzies can be tricky, and some inteviewers can ask tricky questions, so be prepared.

At the next level, we have the more in-depth progamming exercises to convince yourself (and us:)) that you can compile and run a program. Having done that, the next stage is to start writing small quant apps.

hi Andy

where to register for this program, as i am international student, will it be possible to take this online.

Hi Andy,
Has the pre-registration for the C++ course started? Is there an URL for the course website already?
I'm glad you are eager to give us your money :) but we should have the pre-registration link up shortly before the course opens. Please signup for our newsletter to receive the announcement before everyone else.
hi Andy
where to register for this program, as i am international student, will it be possible to take this online.
Of course, anyone can register for the course, regardless of where you live.
Please signup for our newsletter to get the announcement when the sign up is open.

Hi Andy,
how long can will it be possible to register for the course?
is there a course website whose link you can send?

thanks

I don't imagine that its a surprise to Daniel that C++ for interviews is really not the same thing as teaching you to program.
As I recall he came to my talk on that subject a few years ago, which for political reasons got called "C++ with confidence".

I had the best seat in the house, unusual for a lecturer, because it was midly fun to watch people's eyes change shape.

Back