• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE 2022

I highly doubt it. Based on previous years, it seems like offers come out every 2 weeks. Last year, offers came out on February 9th then 23rd, so this year I would think they will come out on February 11th and 25th. It also makes sense that they will take a week to see how many deposits they got and then send out more offers based on that.
That's true. However, last year it seems like the deadline for deposit was 2 weeks. Not sure how it works

I highly doubt it. Based on previous years, it seems like offers come out every 2 weeks. Last year, offers came out on February 9th then 23rd, so this year I would think they will come out on February 11th and 25th. It also makes sense that they will take a week to see how many deposits they got and then send out more offers based on that.
I saw in the forum somewhere that the deposit for admits last week is Feb 18th this year. So who knows

I saw in the forum somewhere that the deposit for admits last week is Feb 18th this year. So who knows
It sort of seems logical that they would want an extra week to see how many deposits they got before deciding how many new offers to send. However, if they did it differently in previous years, I guess we will see.

Based on the admission dashboard, the decision timeline is late February. I guess today they will send more offers?

From an International website they have only accepted a third of what they have usually had from past years.
I would think we still have a good chance

From an International website they have only accepted a third of what they have usually had from past years.
I would think we still have a good chance
I have the same feeling. In previous years, they sent out the results in at least two batches.

And guys, we should be proud of ourselves no matter we get in or not, it has been difficult years and MFE is just too competitive. We have accomplished a lot in the past, driven by the passion to even have the courage to apply, and we have done our best. It is not the end of our goal and passion if we do not get in.
Personally, I think a goal like this have motivated me to push myself in the past. I could never make myself do all those work without knowing that mfe and quant jobs are tough. So whatever the result is, I have no regret.
But I do hope everyone gets in !

I agree with him. The admits will come when they come. Let the admissions team do their job. Regardless, relax and keep pushing and add to our skills. Goodluck to all.
And guys, we should be proud of ourselves no matter we get in or not, it has been difficult years and MFE is just too competitive. We have accomplished a lot in the past, driven by the passion to even have the courage to apply, and we have done our best. It is not the end of our goal and passion if we do not get in.
Personally, I think a goal like this have motivated me to push myself in the past. I could never make myself do all those work without knowing that mfe and quant jobs are tough. So whatever the result is, I have no regret.
But I do hope everyone gets in !

Back