• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Admission

can anyone advise if its a good idea to ask the admissions team for an update? just got an admit from MIT but i still want Columbia (i was looking through the tracker and a number of people who did the interview on the same date as me already got results)

congrats to those who got in btw!
Congrats on MIT admit. Please do let me know what the response is in case you decide to contact Columbia.

In addition, I notice that recently they have started to continuously send a small amount of admissions every day instead of sending a bundle on Thursday.

Does anyone know why Columbia University does not send rejection letters?

Does anyone know why Columbia University does not send rejection letters?
I think they will send letters soon. I received the email that the system would be maintained this afternoon. I think they are going to set the system and begin to send a lot of rejection letters.

I think they will send letters soon. I received the email that the system would be maintained this afternoon. I think they are going to set the system and begin to send a lot of rejection letters.

Hahaha that's funny!

Aren't you a pocket full of sunshine 😁

Probably you're right. Oh well.

big cong! I think the end of ADs is approaching. I still haven't received an offer. so sad.

Thanks a lot, the best is yet to come! Don't be frustrated as I estimate that it still remains tens of positions.

同学你好,地里看到你,请问你怎么知道哥大MFE还有10个空位啊,是因为录取群有70多个人了吗~
有一个不是那么有力的推测。因为某留学中介在17fall 哥大mfe录了100人的时候拿了24个offer,在18fall录了120人的时候拿了24个offer,然而今年他家现在的数字是21. 考虑到他家在留学中介的竞争力实际上是越来越强的,所以可以boldly assume还剩余一些~

Well for those people who don't speak Chinese I will explain how I deduce this result here.
In China there is a famous intermediary agent for MFE application which assembles a large proportion of applicants, let's check its data.
For 2017Fall (finally a class of 100 students), they received 24 offers.
For 2018Fall (finally a class of 120 students), they received 32 offers.
For 2019Fall, this number is 21 for now.
As this agent has actually been booming these years we can figure out it does remain some positions.

有一个不是那么有力的推测。因为某留学中介在17fall 哥大mfe录了100人的时候拿了24个offer,在18fall录了120人的时候拿了24个offer,然而今年他家现在的数字是21. 考虑到他家在留学中介的竞争力实际上是越来越强的,所以可以boldly assume还剩余一些~

Well for those people who don't speak Chinese I will explain how I deduce this result here.
In China there is a famous intermediary agent for MFE application which assembles a large proportion of applicants, let's check its data.
For 2017Fall (finally a class of 100 students), they received 24 offers.
For 2018Fall (finally a class of 120 students), they received 32 offers.
For 2019Fall, this number is 21 for now.
As this agent has actually been booming these years we can figure out it does remain some positions.
Very reasonable. GGU is so powerful.

Back