• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview

Hi all,

I have my interview for Columbia MSFE later today. I cant seem to find info anywhere online about how many people they interview vs how many they accept. My interview is being done by a Masters of Science candidate at Columbia, which makes me think the interview is not a substantial part of the admission process?

Just got an invite. Has someone interviewed already? Normally, columbia would conduct a very straight forward interview and ask a few basic questions. Is it the same this year?

Hello,

I applied to MSFE program right before the deadline on Jan 6. Seems like everybody here has got an interview invite. Does this mean I am out? Have they given out all the interview invites for admission?

Any update would be useful.

Thanks,

As none of us work there we wouldnt know but it seems that they sent out 2 rounds of invites so far

Hello,

I will have me interview next thursday and it will be conducted by a French student in Columbia. Actually, I am French too so does that mean that the interview will be in French or it is just an "accident"? Does anyone already have his interview in an another language (not English)?

Thanks for your help

@Jedison so do you think my interview will be in French ? have you ever heard about interview conducted in the mother tongue of the applicant (except English of course)? It will be a bit weird to speak English when you know that your interviewer is French too. thanks.

Haha I really have no idea, I was just having a bit of fun. I would assume that it was in English but I don't think it would be bad to bring it up in the interview. These interviews are all chit chat anyways, might not be a bad way to make some conversation.

Hi,
I just got an Interview invite today! Can anyone share his/her experience? What do they ask?
Thanks

Hi,
I just got an Interview invite today! Can anyone share his/her experience? What do they ask?
Thanks

Few posts up jedison said it's mostly chit chat, so I guess they want to know what kinda person you are.

do students take interview? i mean, I've received a mail from a current Columbia student but she's not from MFE department but from management and engineering program at IEOR. Is this something to bother about?

My interviewer is also a current student in Operations research with a financial concentration. I don't think this is something to bother about since it's not a technical interview.

Back