• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Columbia MFE Columbia MFE Interview

My interviewer is also a current student in Operations research with a financial concentration. I don't think this is something to bother about since it's not a technical interview.
There was a question in the application whether u want to be considered for any other program? What did u select there? I selected 'yes'. I hope they're not considered me for Management and Engineering. I am scared!:(

There was a question in the application whether u want to be considered for any other program? What did u select there? I selected 'yes'. I hope they're not considered me for Management and Engineering. I am scared!:(
I was interviewed by someone from management and engineering as well. Its nothing to worry about.

Hi , after you guys received email from the ambassadors, you just pick the time slots that suits you, right?
but the question for me is that the ambassador who is supposed to reply me email doesnot show up.....worries////

Hi, yesterday I received email from Columbia ambassador who is to conduct my interview for me. since some of the date is already passed, so I sent him an email back, notifying my choice of slot. But there is no reply because the time I picked is right now. and the confirmation email I sent to the ambassador is not replied either. Because I have some business in the another day in the time slot, shall I reschedule the date with the ambassador or just notify the ADCOM and ask for a reschedule/

this is kindof urgent and i need some advice.

thank you

Sigh.IT turns out my mailbox blocked email replies from Columbia u,just reschedule my interview. Unbelievable

Whoever said the interview is not technical made an incorrect statement. He/She just got lucky. I had a highly technical interview with multiple brain teasers. Just a heads up for those still prepping for theirs.

@dnomyar
Whoever said the interview is not technical made an incorrect statement. He/She just got lucky. I had a highly technical interview with multiple brain teasers. Just a heads up for those still prepping for theirs.
Mine was the same!!!!!!!
I prepared for basic questions that supposed to be asked just like others have shared.
But several brain teasers did muddled me……and i think i did very bad in tech problems as well as the brain teasers.

Hello,

I will have me interview next thursday and it will be conducted by a French student in Columbia. Actually, I am French too so does that mean that the interview will be in French or it is just an "accident"? Does anyone already have his interview in an another language (not English)?

Thanks for your help

Dear @Benjamindana : I think you interview will be in English. I am a native Spanish speaker and my interviewer was also a native Spanish speaker but the interview was conducted in English

Back