• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Toronto MathFin MMF University of Toronto 2012 -Entrance Exam

you mean would they come to Beijing. or had they come to Beijing?
And is it hard for international students to land a job in Canada or America?

It's much harder to find a job in US, but it has a sophisticated financial system that you could learn from. Canada is a nice place to stay, and it is so peaceful here. On the other hand, it is very easy to become a Permanent Resident(Green Card) in Canada.

It's much harder to find a job in US, but it has a sophisticated financial system that you could learn from. Canada is a nice place to stay, and it is so peaceful here. On the other hand, it is very easy to become a Permanent Resident(Green Card) in Canada.
It is only easy if you are a Canadian or has live and work in Canada for a long time, Canadian employers are very discriminative against foreigners, I am an international students myself and I find it is so difficult to get even an interview despite my very good GPA while my canadian friends get multiple job offers before graduation and can pick and choose what they want. And it is not easy to become a PR in Canada, the backlog is now more than 8 years!!!!, it is worst than the US, I hate it when Candian tell me it is so easy to become a PR here, only those who went through the system know how difficult and discriminative it is, there are many people become PR in Canada every year but those are people who have waited 8, 10 or even 15 years, hundred thousands more are in the queue, nobody wants to live in uncertainty for such a long time:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/03/07/pol-immigration-backlog-kenney.html

It is only easy if you are a Canadian or has live and work in Canada for a long time, Canadian employers are very discriminative against foreigners, I am an international students myself and I find it is so difficult to get even an interview despite my very good GPA while my canadian friends get multiple job offers before graduation and can pick and choose what they want. And it is not easy to become a PR in Canada, the backlog is now more than 8 years!!!!, it is worst than the US, I hate it when Candian tell me it is so easy to become a PR here, only those who went through the system know how difficult and discriminative it is, there are many people become PR in Canada every year but those are people who have waited 8, 10 or even 15 years, hundred thousands more are in the queue, nobody wants to live in uncertainty for such a long time:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/story/2012/03/07/pol-immigration-backlog-kenney.html

I am not sure if you have any experience on both sides, but I do. I am also an international student who came to Canada for university. When I was in my third year, I got multiple front office internships offers from several Canadian banks. The one I chose also wanted me to return after my intern. Recently, I also worked for a top investment bank in US. I strongly felt that the working environment was much more intense, but you could learn more.

I agreed that it is harder for foreigner to find a job, but it is true all over the world. My previous experience tells me it is harder to find a job in US. It is your choice to leave your home country, so you should be prepared for all of these challenges. I am always thankful for the help that my Canadian friends and colleagues offer me. Although I am going to US after graduation, I will come back if I want a peaceful life.

p.s. I know that if one graduate from a Canadian University and work for more than a year, he or she could apply the PR WITHOUT the sponsorship from the firm. It is a totally different story in US.

You could apply Canadian Experience Class because you are graduating from a Canadian University. Some interesting data: http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/canadian-experience-class. You could see the processing time is not that long.

It is stressful and challenging to study abroad, and I felt disappointed sometimes as well. Good luck!

I went in for the interview yesterday, it was very similar to what has been mentioned here so far with regards to structure and topics covered..
how is your interview, and could you be more specific?
Good luck with you ;)

It is your choice to leave your home country, so you should be prepared for all of these challenges. I am always thankful for the help that my Canadian friends and colleagues offer me. Although I am going to US after graduation, I will come back if I want a peaceful life.

It is stressful and challenging to study abroad, and I felt disappointed sometimes as well. Good luck!
Strongly, agree;)
We leave home to experience a different life. Wonderful, hard, disappointing, lonely, or even desperating it might be, we could not grow up or learn more without difficulties anyway.

This is probably not the place to discuss this, but I believe you understood this article wrongly: They say "we can’t continue to tell people that they’re going to wait for eight years for a decision on whether they can come to Canada" which means that they are talking about people who are not in Canada but trying to immigrate here. If you are already living in Canada, the processing time is not long at all as fredric pointed out (I got mine in less than a year).

for those who took the accessment/interview, have you received your offers yet? seems like some ppl already got the results from tracker

Anyone here had a phone/skype interview? Was it as technical as the group assessment?

I just received an email invite for an interview tomorrow.

Anyone here had a phone/skype interview? Was it as technical as the group assessment?

I just received an email invite for an interview tomorrow.
are you in Canada now? Have you taken any assessment test like online math tests? Good luck with your interview! ;)

are you in Canada now? Have you taken any assessment test like online math tests? Good luck with your interview! ;)

Thanks, yes I am a Canadian resident (living in BC). They emailed me last week about sending a future assessment but now are saying that will come after the interview.

Hi, guys:

One piece of info to share:the assessment is said to last for a week(we have utmost one week to complete it).
I guess it's some day next week.
Have you heard anything else about it?;)

Hi, guys:

One piece of info to share:the assessment is said to last for a week(we have utmost one week to complete it).
I guess it's some day next week.
Have you heard anything else about it?;)

Hi Yang_Pop, how do you know that it is 1 week? Did you call them to ask? I have not heard anything from them, quite worry :(

Hi Yang_Pop, how do you know that it is 1 week? Did you call them to ask? I have not heard anything from them, quite worry :(
I email them, since I have another interview to arrange.
They replied with this info:)

oh thanks yang_pop for that info, i hope i also get that assessment soon, they've yet told me anything :( btw is the tuition this year still 40k or will there be an increase like last year, anyonr know?

I email them, since I have another interview to arrange.
They replied with this info:)
Wow congratz yang_pop for your interview! So they ask you to choose the interview day or they will give you some choices?

Back