• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Paul & Dominic's Guide to Quant Careers Version 2.0 Now Available

But its not something you'd ever bother with again?

I find the concept a bit strange, unless you happen to be the CEO of some major bank and are pressed for time... but then, after reading a recent article on the collapse of Bear Sterns, it sounds like those guys just sit around playing bridge all day anyway :P

But its not something you'd ever bother with again?

Depends. For a few bucks, I don't see why I wouldn't pay someone to do something menial but important to my business. But, I don't have a business, and I don't see it being helpful in my daily life. After all, why would I have someone read my personal email; I would take steps to reduce that email if I didn't like reading it.

I think it is perfect for something like what Dominic has with these resumes; menial, mindless, tedious, important. I assume it helps generate some revenue directly or indirectly.

Mmm.. I am fairly new to this and other quant finance forums, but recently (last night? time is all kind of blurring together lately), saw that Dominic and co actually have a separate site that it appears you can register for, in order to apply for jobs etc.

I haven't joined up for that yet, but perhaps that's another avenue for finding some information on what's available?

... I just went to try to find the link, except for some reason, wilmott (which is where I think the link to the p&d page is) is painfully slow for me normally, and failing to load entirely for me now...

I think you're talking about a job board; the guide is for informational purposes of a more qualitative manner (what do employers look at; how does this or that look on your resume; trends in hiring; interview material). I doubt you'd get this level of depth from reading forums.

I should probably get on this guide myself...

Yeehah... got a copy of the guides :D. Thanks Dominic, looks tops.

Now, to read in extensive detail and figure out whether I should chase a job come the end of the year, or shoot for the phd...

Hmmm, I asked for the guide a while ago, so here we go again:

Dominic, can I please have the guide? my email is stassen@c.dk, and I have sent you my CV

Hi,

I'd like to receive a copy (your post convinced me to register on these forums). I just sent you my resume from sherbert AT andrew DOT cmu DOT edu.

Thanks!

I am not a frequent visitor of this site, so really confused why resume is needed for getting the guide? I am not saying the author is doing something wrong, and I believe he has the right to know to what kind of guys he is sending the guide. I am just curious how the author associate the resume with sending the guide. Does he refuse to send if he dislike a resume?

How do I send my resume to Dominic, just PM? I do not see his email address.

THX

Back