• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Question for New Yorkers

Joy Pathak

Swaptionz
Just a question:

What is a better deal...

1395 for a 550 sqare fet studio on Upper East Side around 90th and 2nd..

or

1425 for similar size on a much higher floor Riversirde drive and 83rd in Upper West Side

?

Need to be able to get to Lower Midtown daily.

Depends a lot on the buildings, but in terms of neighborhood comparison, I personally would prefer Riverside and 83rd. I worked for several years at 84th and Broadway and liked the area very much.

Really depends on the apartment, but if they are similar in quality then Riverside and it's not even close.

Comparison:
Riverside has Riverside park and the boat basin right outside your door, a wide selection of grocery stores on broadway, and slightly easier access to the subway.

90th has asphalt green next to it, which is pretty weak overall, and overall is a less pleasant neighborhood (Not sure if google maps would really capture the essence but try looking around the neighborhood using street view).

Here are exact location of Apartment basically.

E78th and York ave (it's different from the one before. Cheaper)

For $1315 . Everything Included.

and

RIVERSIDE DRIVE AND WEST 83RD STREET

$1,425 ..

Assuming relatively similar styled apartments.

Studio - 500 Sq ft. Kitchen and all that fun stuff. Un-furnished. Elevator apartments.

Seems like upper east side has a straight forward path to lower midtown east area which is what is required.

Keep in mind York is a pretty healthy walk to the subway. You might be better off taking the bus from there... in either case most of the banks are on Park, Lexington so you will have to walk the 3-4 avenues over.

I am splitting place with another incoming Baruch student and his friend. Looking for 3bedroom in Flatiron or UES I think. They are in NYC so, they will go and check out places before we sign anything.

Thanks for suggestions. Appreciate it.

I hope you can describe your New York's search-process as well as you did with Chicago's =)

Looking forward to reading the new posts!

Back