• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

COMPARE Rutgers MSMF vs USC MSMF

I've received ad from both Rutgers and USC in the program of MSMF
Could anyone familiar with these school help me out here, choosing from them.
-

USC is awsome!!! They throw great parties and they have great sport teams!!!

lol, good one.

By the way, Rutgers MSMF would be a better option when compared to USC's MSMF. Although think about the great parties you might miss at if you do not go to USC. Makes sense?!?

I don't know what your definition of party school is. However I didn't say USC is a party school, just that they throw awesome parties.

USC surely is a wonderful school, I'm just not sure whether it is good at this program. Its quant school seems to be not famous enough.

Oh,I am not trying to put some argument here...I'm trying to get some advice to figure out which one of them is better in this program...

Emergency!!Anyone familiar with the msmf in USC?

I'm admitted to this program. Does anyone have any idea with this program? everything about it, professor, curriculum, internship and any other thing.
I have to make a choice between USC and Rutgers.

I'm admitted to this program. Does anyone have any idea with this program? everything about it, professor, curriculum, internship and any other thing.
I have to make a choice between USC and Rutgers.

Are you asking the same question again in the same thread? I thought you made your decision already.

Are you asking the same question again in the same thread? I thought you made your decision already.

He had made another ... NEW thread. Moderator put it back here instead of having new duplicates.

From what I heard from speaking with all the MSMF students:

One class takes up half your time. The professor of that class (also the chairman of the program) is not a person you generally want to take classes from (or be around). From having tried to speak with him myself, I can absolutely corroborate this statement.

The jobs in the job bank, from what a friend tells me, simply point you to a recruiting website, and all of those positions are experienced positions as well. Oh, and the one person responsible for placing students? She left for another position, so now nobody's really there to do that.

The poor MSMF students at Rutgers are getting fleeced--it's that simple.

From what I heard from speaking with all the MSMF students:

One class takes up half your time. The professor of that class (also the chairman of the program) is not a person you generally want to take classes from (or be around). From having tried to speak with him myself, I can absolutely corroborate this statement.

The jobs in the job bank, from what a friend tells me, simply point you to a recruiting website, and all of those positions are experienced positions as well. Oh, and the one person responsible for placing students? She left for another position, so now nobody's really there to do that.

The poor MSMF students at Rutgers are getting fleeced--it's that simple.

Thanks for the reply. I just came back from visit of Rutgers Grad reception. I talked to most of current graduate students who has job already. Most of them are quant related jobs though not in the top IB. Also, they got a new career service director who has been working for merrill lynch for many years.
Most of students said they got beat up by the program, you never get rest because of the heavy course work. Is it also mean you can learn more skills?

From what I hear, nope, not really. They have a basic C++ programming course, but most of the heavy coursework comes from their stochastic calculus equivalent from what I hear. An MSMF program is an MSMF program. In 3 semesters, you learn 3 semesters worth of stuff.

Back