• C++ Programming for Financial Engineering
    Highly recommended by thousands of MFE students. Covers essential C++ topics with applications to financial engineering. Learn more Join!
    Python for Finance with Intro to Data Science
    Gain practical understanding of Python to read, understand, and write professional Python code for your first day on the job. Learn more Join!
    An Intuition-Based Options Primer for FE
    Ideal for entry level positions interviews and graduate studies, specializing in options trading arbitrage and options valuation models. Learn more Join!

Student reviewers of MFE programs

Hey Andy, could you kindly write to the director of the Financial Engineering and Risk Analytics program at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute and get some information about the program?

I did, but all I feel is that a request from Quantnet would sure make them tell more about their program.

Reviews of Columbia MSOR, GWU MS Finance are up.

thanks andy. Columbia MSOR seems like a very solid program. it is probably my top choice right now. i am having an interview with them this upcoming week so hopefully it will turn out well.

thanks andy. Columbia MSOR seems like a very solid program. it is probably my top choice right now. i am having an interview with them this upcoming week so hopefully it will turn out well.

why there is nobody post review on UMich's financial engineering? at least it is still a top 15 programs in America..is there no one attend it?

I would also like to see the review of University of Michigan. It is at least on par, or might better than some of the programs that has been reviewed.

Andy, is there any possibility you can make it happen, please?

The reviews from Michigan MFE should have come a while ago. I already sent out a reminder to the students there.
yeah,hopefully someone will post the review of Umich's MFE soon! at least I could not find the review of Umich on this program now, but...yeah Andy hopefully you could make it happen soon! thanks very much in advance!

This is an interesting review. It further strengthens my doubt about the impact of a MFE program out of an engineering school. I think one of the main reasons universities like CMU/ Baruch and Haas have such high impact is due to their programs being housed in their business school.

Starting off at the analyst position is also a downside. Maybe a second year analyst would be good but if what he says is true and the firms are hiring their students at the same level as a B. Fin, that sucks.

Anyways, Michigan is a good school, but seems like the lack of their proximity to financial center is hurting them with getting good practitioners to teach and recruiting for MFE students.

Also I wonder how it looks on a resume to have a MFE degree but courses that are NOT quantitative and similar to MBA Finance. This logic of picking several MBA finance courses out of a MFE degree confused me.

I think one of the main reasons universities like CMU/ Baruch and Haas have such high impact is due to their programs being housed in their business school.

AFAIK, Baruch's program is not housed in their business school.

AFAIK, Baruch's program is not housed in their business school.

While typing I though about that. I thought the way the City universities are set up that Baruch was the Business school of all the City universities.

Well they only have the arts and sciences and the public affairs departments at Baruch in addition to Zicklin Business School. I figured it was out of Business school.

For a program, that was founded over a decade ago, one would expect Michigan MFE to have a bigger footprint in the quant space. Maybe since it is housed in the engineering school, they have not felt the need to fire up their marketing / PR machine .

To interview in the same pool as folks completing bachelors degree in business would really suck..meaning the program didn't add any value to your profile.

Looking forward to seeing more Michigan reviews from folks who were more quant - inclined

Back